Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant bank account

Options
  • 05-09-2006 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Due to lots of hassle from BOI I recently closed my account and moved to AIB. Soon after I realised that my BOI account was the account that my grant cheques get lodged into and I needed to change my information with the college. I wasn't looking forward to the infamous queue at Student Services but it has to be done. Just now I logged in to the Online Student Records part of the UL site and I saw there is a new option to change your bank account details but when I go in it only gives me the option to change my bank account number. Does anyone know if the college will know my account is with AIB from looking at the a/c number? Or once I change that will I be giving an opportunity to change the branch and stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

ergonomics wrote:
    Due to lots of hassle from BOI I recently closed my account and moved to AIB. Soon after I realised that my BOI account was the account that my grant cheques get lodged into and I needed to change my information with the college. I wasn't looking forward to the infamous queue at Student Services but it has to be done. Just now I logged in to the Online Student Records part of the UL site and I saw there is a new option to change your bank account details but when I go in it only gives me the option to change my bank account number. Does anyone know if the college will know my account is with AIB from looking at the a/c number? Or once I change that will I be giving an opportunity to change the branch and stuff?

I would doubt that changing just the account number will work. Firstly each bank has their own sort code which will most def be different in AIB and BOI as each branch has their own code. This information is required to lodge money into your account. The account number on its own is not enough.

I would be doubtful that changing the account number will provide you with any additional options, I would say, IMO, that on this occassion, you just have to queue :( Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Just found a 'Change of Bank Account' form on the Student Services website. Now all I have to do is fill it in and pop it into a letterbox. *relief* I was just having flashbacks of queueing last year as a naive 1st year. 'Sure the queue is long, but it won't take that long...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I would have sent an email. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

kaimera wrote:
    I would have sent an email. :)

Hahahahahahahahahahah...To student services??! are ya mad!! tried doing that at the start of the summer to request something and each email address I tried came back as failed!! Ring them! They have to answer the phone! It's a way of skipping the queue without p*ssing people off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmm...perhaps it wasn't SS I emailed.

I know I had issues with some money one year [read, I didn't write down my full bank a/c number] and I just emailed it when they asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

don't drop in letter, certainly don't email, and queue....ha !
    ring them they'll usually sort you out that way ;)

Advertisement