Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Montengro & Bosina

Options
  • 04-09-2006 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I was reading a supplement in one of the sunday papers in relation to property and they had both locations down as places with huge investment pontential. Is this just rubbish talk? I mean it has been a war thorn region in the not too distant past. Montengro is not part of EU either is Bosina as of present although it will probably receive membership.

Are there problems in terms of proving ownership etc? Where in these countries would be the best locations in terms of pontential. What prices would we generally be talking. Is oversea's property overhyped in terms of investment pontential?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I think in any discussion of this you have to talk risk - if you accept more risk, you expect a bigger payback. One of the problems is that many are buying these days in warn torn, no fresh water type holes of places and are only hoping to make modest returns which makes no sense. They often end up comparing it to Ireland "but I can buy an apartment for $60,000!?" - buying in Bosnia is a lot different to buying in Balbriggan.

Don't forget however that Disney are planning on opening a theme park in Bosnia. And Montenegro. And Cape Verde. And Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Redlancer wrote:
    Montengro is not part of EU either is Bosina

Best to learn how to spell the names of the countries before you consider investing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SmoothyG

Montenegro is part of the EU, freehold property can be bought there. Fact.Ii see people making huge profits in montenegro at the moment, especially those who got in before this years referendum on independance.

If the purpose of your post is to simply say " i read this and dont belive it!" then i suggest you go to the pub, as wheather or not you belive something written in a newspaper is the type of discussion more often found there.

Advertisement