Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The latest Meteor Ad.

Options
  • 03-09-2006 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

You know the one? The one where the girl is doing an open mic night but it turns out to be a battle of the axe or something similar. Anyway the Meteor girls "Chiny and Suzanna" (full to the brim with 5c texts) contact all their pals and soon the place is bopping.

Well that's all fine and good you might say but I was thinking about it later on and I really feel they're not doing the singer a favour, are they? I mean if she'd got a good booing or pelting it would only have made her a tougher performer but now she's just going to go thru life thinking she's 'all that' and that the world owes her a living.

Worse still the two lovely meteor ladies are now going to probably end up extinguishing all their credit getting audiences for future performaces by this singer. Basically this ad doesn't consider the long term implications of being a musical performer or groupie and all that entails and I think it's sending out a bad message to kids that there is a quick and easy path to the top if only you have enough phone credit.

To see what I mean nobody "phoned a friend" for Daphne & Celeste back when people were throwing bottles of urine at them during the Reading Festival and I've heard they're now tough as nails!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I understand your point of view and your concern must be credited (no pun intended) but perhaps the performance she gave to a rapterous crowd despite being faced with an angry mob of death metal heads will also instil a demeanor akin to that of "Daphne & Celeste". She triumphed over adversity, albeit with the help of her plucky pals, but she doesn't need to know that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Is this what television has come to?! We've run out of decent material to comment/discuss that we now have to create non-issues out of mind-numbingly bad ads, albeit it in an artistic and comedic way?

Oh well, here's to The A-Team repeats!

P.s. The brunette is my favourite, she's hawt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Ive noticed that when she goes out first, no music plays. Only when her buddy audience shows up, the music starts. Maybe they should have phoned the organisers first?
    Also, what were the goths in there for anyways? Why didnt they storm the stage when Little miss muffet came on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

How fcuking drunk are you people?

Id say in real life the blonde in those ads is a real ****in dirrrrttttt in the sack. Bad lil southside piece of ass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Tha Gopher wrote:
    How fcuking drunk are you people?
    Hammerd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

I think this will stand to her in the long term. She's experienced the pain of a tough crowd / crap organiser who won't even play music so she'll have learned her lesson, but not in a harsh way. That's because she now knows that with all the people she won't want to have to put up with, she'll also have her friends. And they'll stand by her at the end of the day. The dirt cheap texts will bail her out as well.

Crap ad though. Typical Meteor... although I suppose the money they don't spend on marketing they give back to customers. But still though...

Advertisement