Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student bank accounts?

Options
  • 02-09-2006 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just wanted to know peoples experiences with student accounts, which ones are good and bad etc.

Thanks..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

I had to set up a dual account in ulster bank because i wasn't 18 yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭SeanW

Bank Of Ireland FTW.

I was able to set up an account all my own at the age of 17, and seeing that I was on the 3rd level student grant, they offered a "grant advance" overdraft, equal to a months payment, with no overdraft fee and no interest whatsoever on monies borrowed. It was particularly sweet considering that you don't get your first grant payment until the end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

went with AIB last year

50 euros phone credit if you make 10 transactions and top up by text message two times.

also got a student credit card without any questions asked.

bank of ireland required you to have 600 euros in your account for the past 4 months and have proof of a part time job and they only offered a credit limit of 400 euros whereas AIB is 600 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah im going to be starting in dcu in the next few weeks and havent set up a bank account yet..i tought that when you register with dcu there will be an AIB stand or something near the registry office since there is an aib on campus..that will offer student accounts out and help students set up there accounts on the day..im not sure if this is what happens doh...and i have to have a bank account set up for my grants be fore the 5th of october or something would i be better off going down and setting it up before i register just in case or will i just set it up on the day if its possible..wat yas think ??

Advertisement