Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contra Advertising

Options
  • 02-09-2006 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just curious to find out if there are any publications out there that would allow a company advertise for free in return for complimentary use of another companies services?

For example, if a golf club were to offer complementary rounds of golf, would a publisher give free advertising in return?

It would be an interesting marketing tool and one that could be applied across many different fields

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

There are a couple of companies in Ireland that act as a broker for this type of bartering, a quick google should find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

a lot of publications do this, particularly locals for vouchers etc.

You might be able to trade ad space for services throught this company:
    http://www.tradefirst.ie/about.asp

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Hi

PM me and let me know what your offering. I mange a sizeable slice of advertising media in Ireland and am always interested in something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Yamo2004

Anyone still interested in this? I have access to advertising space and would be interested in contra deals etc. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jamesy08

Hi I have a company in Limerick www.adventureworldswingsets.com,would this be of any use to you
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

what some publishers are getting into (as the have space capacity) is not exactly a contra. They give space to companies to sell products or services and then any sales that come through that ad, the publisher clips the ticket for (say) 15%-25% of the sale.

If the publisher has the space, then €1 of commission is better than none.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Yamo2004

jamesy08 wrote: »
    Hi I have a company in Limerick www.adventureworldswingsets.com,would this be of any use to you
    Thanks

I will contact you in next day or so. I am not sure our markets are exact fit for each other, but no harm in talking. Thanks.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Contra Advertising?

I thought this poster Konami did was pretty good.

Contra_flyer.jpg

Advertisement