Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New Lectric!!!!

Options
  • 01-09-2006 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

OK, so I said I really wanted a Rick! Played one in Musician Inc last week, and crikey, what a fantastic sound! But what a small fretboard!! My fingers are short, and fat!! God Damn it I couldn't fit my fingers in the frets! And lead is quite awkward too becaused of the narrow frets, fat fingers syndrome! But great sound! You hear every string! You really do!

Then I played an American Deluxe Telecaster! YUM YUM!!! But 2 grand!! Yuk Yuk!!
    So I got on the phone to the brother in NY, said, forget the Rick, I can't play it! Buy me an American Deluxe Tele! He did! And it arrived this morning in Ireland!!! And may I say at HALF the cost of the Irish one! COOL! Heres a pic of it!! (Its not on the Fender site anymore,....it was yesterday!)!

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/all/sDZ5158509/

Got that new S1 Switch on it aswell, which gives it that extra grunt!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

the american deluxe tele is the cream of the crop imho nice buy!!!

pity about the sunburst tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Edja

Yesh I know! Beggars can't be choosers at that price though! Wanted the butterscotch but the bro wasn't prepared to go walking around NY for my Butterscotch!! And for a grand cheaper, I wasn't going to let the color worry me! Sounds a bit like a girl going "I don't want the Ferarri cos its blue.....I want a red one" !!
    Looks a little country I suppose! I think I will apply for a Job with Declan Nerney and his band as I now have the look for it!! Anyone got any leather jackets with tassles handy?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I like that. My first electric guitar purchase was between a Fender Tele and a Patrick Eggle Berlin. I went for the Berlin in the end and I reckon I made the right choice for me. I still do GAS for a Tele though. I got the Parker Tele recently to see if that would stop the GAS but I don't like it so I still have tele GAS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I like the Sunburst! Nice guitar. Also what the **** is GAS ?
    TK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Gear Acquisition Syndrome

Lots of afflicted in these parts :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Oh... did I tell you about by new ENGL 2X12 so..?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Edja, what are you talking about man, she looks perfect - a real beauty.

The trick is to collect them in all colours, that way you don't have to worry about a thing. ;)

And when you start collecting them in all colours, shapes and sizes, then you'll be sorry you ever asked what GAS means. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

NeMiSiS wrote:
    Oh... did I tell you about by new ENGL 2X12 so..?
    ;)
    It doesn't exist without pics ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Doctor J wrote:
    It doesn't exist without pics ;)

You really need to sticky that slogan. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Edja

Yes, I was undiagnosed until I joined this site! Since joining, its gotten worse and I have acquired 2 expensive guitars. Its a particularly bad case and the prognosis isn't good.

Now, effects?????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

everyone is ****ed with this GAS thing...its great :p

what effects do want???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Doctor J wrote:

This place is like a leper colony... for GAS. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Very nice Tele by the way.... I quite like the sunburst.

Okay speaking of new guitars, I just got my ESP Eclipse from the US. After playing one I decided to go for it rather than the Les Paul - plus it's half the price!! (and has EMG's which was more the sound type I was after).

I'm a happy bunny anyhoo':D

Heres a looksie:
    http://www.music123.com/ESP-Eclipse-II-Standard----Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-i146279.music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Doctor J wrote:

I've been lurking here a bit lately - but you know I've played the same old Gordon Smith for the last 12 years (bought with my first 2 paychecks way back when) - figured I was immune at this stage. Went out for an after lunch walk last Tuesday and arrived back in work with a Brian May signature guitar (s/h immaculate - got it for a great price tbh). I blame this forum BTW - not my fanage of BM since I was a teen many years ago.

Since I have only one pair of hands to badly play either I now feel that I must (like children or pets) give them equal attention!? ... and the truth be known - I too have GAS for a nice telecaster...

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

dazberry wrote:
    I've been lurking here a bit lately - but you know I've played the same old Gordon Smith for the last 12 years (bought with my first 2 paychecks way back when) - figured I was immune at this stage. Went out for an after lunch walk last Tuesday and arrived back in work with a Brian May signature guitar (s/h immaculate - got it for a great price tbh). I blame this forum BTW - not my fanage of BM since I was a teen many years ago.

Since I have only one pair of hands to badly play either I now feel that I must (like children or pets) give them equal attention!? ... and the truth be known - I too have GAS for a nice telecaster...

D.

Brian May has some pretty cool sounds. Suggestion for your next paycheck ;)

Advertisement