Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vox ad30vt

Options
  • 31-08-2006 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

im thinking about buying a new amp within the price range of 250.Is the Vox ad30vt any good? Or should i go with something else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I couldn't reccomend that range any more. They're really just plain brilliant. So cheap, yet the range of tones and decent effects is just great. The valve pre-amp really makes the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 donal_deadly

Now im thinkin about getting a roland cube 30 instead.Which would i be better off getting? I play mainly hard rock/metal but also some blues type songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Now im thinkin about getting a roland cube 30 instead.Which would i be better off getting? I play mainly hard rock/metal but also some blues type songs

Honestly, they're good amps and either way you go, you'd be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Roland Cubes. Deadly. I used to own this.

1351.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

fish-head wrote:
    I couldn't reccomend that range any more. They're really just plain brilliant. So cheap, yet the range of tones and decent effects is just great. The valve pre-amp really makes the difference.

it's actually a valve power amp, but they use a 12ax7 preamp valve in it for some reason.

either way, it works well.

i love these amps, they're really, really great. a bargain at twice the price. they're the most natural feeling hybrid amp i've ever played. really great. and if rock and blues is your thing then you'll love it, it's got amp models to suit every taste. i've had mine for 3 months or so now, and my all valve Roost 50 head and cab has sat unplayed in the corner. i can't recommend the valvetronix stuff enough, they're astonishingly great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement