Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justin Timberlakes new album

Options
  • 31-08-2006 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Im liking the sound of this so far, that track what goes around / comes back around a future classic for sure. Brings the whole Britney thing into light on that track.

Some sweet timbo tracks on it, has a Prince/rick james bitch feel to it.

That summer love track is bangin, & the track with TI my love is another sure hit single the clipse remix of sexyback is a better version IMO ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

I don't understand how JT is in anyway related to soul/funk/R&B :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

There's no pop category and this seems to be the most approriate location for the thread.

On the subject of the album, it has the most diabolical name I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

The album is actually very R&b. Its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Well considering Timbo is one of the greatest Hip-Hop producers ever...:rolleyes:

I can't quite get my head around buying a JT album.I mean there has to ve a limit,and hell I even have that Cassie album on my iPod.Outside of the likes of Rapheal Saadiq and Eric Roberson,listening to male R'n'B vocalists is a no no,no matter how well produced the album is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

yeah despite timberlands producing i don't think i can bring myself to buy it, though my brother probably will so i'll have a listen then! I've ordered that Goapele album by the way Oriz, will let you know what i think when it arrives. As far as R&B/Soul singers, i generally prefer mens voices, well with older music - Otis Redding/Wilson Pickett, etc... babyface's album Face2Face from a few years back (produced by Neptunes) was pretty nice, and i like some of Eric Benet's album A Day in the Life too. D'angelo & Maxwell would prob be my favourite modern male R&B singers though. As far as JT album goes though, i find Sexyback a little repetitive & boring so I don't hold massive hopes for it, although the Prince influence is a positive!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

It's actually quite a good album
    Timbaland is a true genius and they have created a very good album
    Obviously it's gonna get over-exposed, but its better that kids are listening to Timberlake on a Prince tip than someone like Liberty X rehashing 80s soul classics by Shalamar and Chaka Khan

As for male r&b singers
    Besides the obvious ones (Marvin, Stevie, Otis etc etc) and the modern ones mentioned ((D'Angelo, Raphael Saadiq, Erro) there's loads of great music being made

Robin Thickie, Dudley Perkins, John Legend, Raheem De Vaughan to name a few
    John Legends tune with Raphael Saadiq should hopefuly bend some ears while that Robin Thickie stuff sounds very good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I have to say that for what the Album was expected to be, for me personally it didn't really live up to it. One of two albums this year that were to take flavour from the past and turn it in to something new. The other one was Christina Aguilera's album "Back to Basics" which I have to say was pretty good. This one just didn't deliver for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Can't work out if my urine taking detection is low on batts or not.

Is this thread a pi$$ take?

Advertisement