Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Eve Time?

Options
  • 31-08-2006 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Heya everyone.
    Having done my leaving cert and now free for a year before going to college, i've decided to take up EVE Online!
    I've already done my 14 day trial and want to keep on playing.

I am however totaly stumped on how to buy these time cards, as I don't have a credit card! :mad:

I also read that you can buy game time with ISK? Is that true???

I appologise in advance for my n00bness, but it can't be helped! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

You can buy time codes from people in the game, it's one of the few real world-game intactions that CCP allow (not that any other don't happen) but it can cost serveral millions to trade for one.

I'm not sure about trial accounts using them, you may have to get a key from CCP first to activeate the account. I if you don't know anyone with a credit card that will buy it for you then you could try using disposiable cards from PTSB (https://www.3v.ie/) and I think maybe Bank of Ireland , to buy a key from CCP and buy time cards from them with that in the future. Alternatively Game or Gamestop may order them in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

trial accounts expire after 14 days. so you WILL have to purchase the game to keep playing. thats about 20 euro. and you get 1 month free.

GTC (game time cards) are VERY expensive to buy with in game money. 270-300 million for 90 days. and you have to buy them off other players so there is an element of trust there. CCP are very heavy handed with GTC traders tho so you do have recourse if you go that route. however if you are only on a trial account you wont be able to earn that much in the 90 days. mostp layers over 20m sp pay for thier alts this way with the money they earn in game. even i can earn 30-40m a day if i REALLY want to.

as was said. 3v is the way for you. i dont think game or gamestop trade in GTC's at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Yeah, I understand that I need to buy the account, but I was just wondering if this info i read about buying eve cards via isk was allowed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

have a look at the eve-online forums .... section there called sell orders or something like that ... always plenty of people selling gtc's ... as stated the going rate for a 90 day one is in the region of 300mil depending on number of sellers... you are protected by ccp if you get scammed (ccp will refund isk's if you got diddled in a gtc scam - or a character sale scam)

If mining high end ores with very good skills and bonuses it is possible to make ~25 mil / hour..... lots more if mining merxocit ... ratting in -1.0 systems will give about 15 - 20mil/hour plus mods plus mins from refining all the crap (raven with good torp and drone skills - getting through the spawns quickly - nothing else npc's like a raven)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

You can pay for time cards with isk or with cash. In fact it is the only way accepted by ccp to trade isk for cash (in a round about way).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 badlandz

Mantel wrote:
    You can buy time codes from people in the game, it's one of the few real world-game intactions that CCP allow (not that any other don't happen) but it can cost serveral millions to trade for one.

I'm not sure about trial accounts using them, you may have to get a key from CCP first to activeate the account. I if you don't know anyone with a credit card that will buy it for you then you could try using disposiable cards from PTSB (https://www.3v.ie/) and I think maybe Bank of Ireland , to buy a key from CCP and buy time cards from them with that in the future. Alternatively Game or Gamestop may order them in for you.
    ..........I had major problems due to no credit card..but 3v is the way to go..register via internet (just type 3v)..within 10 workin dayz u will get a card u can use to buy a 16 diget number from a newsagents..itz sweet..Gamestop tho didnt help me what so ever..the smegheads didnt even hear of eve..and refused to get the time card for me -(..so 3v is the key matey...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Necromancy!

Advertisement