Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bavaria World Darts Trophy

• 30-08-2006 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Here is the draw for the bavaria darts trophy 2nd/10th September, looks to be some interesting first round matches with Barneveld taking on Van Gerwen, Greatbatch vs Walton and Manley vs. Lloyd. I also think Eccles vs. Klassen should be a good one. Pity its not on eurosport or sky though

Colin Lloyd v Peter Manley
    Gary Anderson (1) v Ted Hankey
    Brian Sorensen v Phil Taylor
    John Walton (8) v Shaun Greatbatch
    Ronnie Baxter v Paul Hogan
    Martin Atkins (5) v Paul Hanvidge
    Mike Veitch v Dirk Hespeels
    Tony Eccles (4) v Jelle Klaasen
    Dick van Dijk v Tony O'Shea
    Martin Adams (2) v Albertino Essers
    Goran Klemme v Vincent van der Voort
    Niels de Ruiter (7) v Mareno Michels
    Gary Robson v Simon Whitlock
    Michael van Gerwen (6) v Raymond van Barneveld
    Co Stompe v Darryl Fitton
    Mervyn King (3) v Tony Martin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

First Round
    Colin Lloyd 3-1 Peter Manley
    Gary Anderson 3-0 Ted Hankey
    Phil Taylor 3-0 Brian Sorensen

Looks like Lloyd and Taylor are in good form with Taylor averaging 104 in the first game, and losing only one leg.

Full results from Saturday and Sunday. Eccles dispatched Klassen with relative ease

Saturday 2 September
    Afternoon Session
    Colin Lloyd 3-1 Peter Manley
    Gary Anderson 3-0 Ted Hankey
    Phil Taylor 3-0 Brian Sorensen
    Evening Session
    John Walton 3-2 Shaun Greatbatch
    Ronnie Baxter 3-1 Paul Hogan
    Martin Atkins 3-0 Paul Hanvidge

Sunday 3 September
    Afternoon Session
    Niels de Ruiter 3-2 Mareno Michels
    Tony Eccles 3-0 Jelle Klaasen
    Tony O'Shea 3-1 Dick van Dijk
    Evening Session
    Martin Adams 3-0 Albertino Essers
    Goran Klemme 2-3 Vincent van der Voort
    Mike Veitch 3-0 Dirk Hespeels

I really wish this was on tv. From reading planetdarts the match between van Gerwen and Barneveld was a real cracker, with the 17 year old beating Barney by a 3-2 scoreline.

Monday 4 September
    Simon Whitlock 3-1 Gary Robson
    Michael van Gerwen 3-2 Raymond van Barneveld
    Darryl Fitton 3-0 Co Stompe
    Mervyn King 3-2 Tony Martin

And as I continue with my one man thread, the results from today are as follows.

Tuesday 5 September
    Phil Taylor 4-1 John Walton
    Michael van Gerwen 4-3 Simon Whitlock
    Colin Lloyd 4-2 Gary Anderson
    Tony Eccles 4-1 Mike Veitch

Some more excellent darts being thrown, which begs the argument why are there only two of these type tournaments on per year. Obviously a tournament with the top sixteen from the PDC and the BDO would be fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Cheers for the updates!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Apparently you can view the games via a live feed from this site:

http://81.23.249.10/cross04

You may need to post the URL directly into Windows Media Player, or upgrape WMP. I havent had a chance to try it yet, but I know others have and its worked.

Coverage starts at 8pm each night according to planetdarts. I presume thats our time rather than Dutch time

Rooster, thanks for the link, but I don't have and can't get broadband. (Living in the country has its benefits, but getting your exchange upgraded ain't one of em)

The line up for the quarters was completed today.

Wednesday 6 September
    Tony O'Shea 3-4 Martin Adams
    Vincent van der Voort 2-4 Niels de Ruiter
    Darryl Fitton 1-4 Mervyn King
    Ronnie Baxter 4-0 Martin Atkins

Close one between O'Shea and Adams, glad Wolfie got the win though he's a sound fella. Suprised a bit by the result between Baxter and Atkins though, thought this would have been a closer affair.

The line up for the quarters is:

Michael van Gerwen v Mervyn King
    Colin Lloyd v Phil Taylor
    Martin Adams v Niels de Ruiter
    Ronnie Baxter v Mike Veitch

My predictions would be King, Taylor, Adams, Baxter but darts is a weird game so who knows!

Lloyd is playing great by all accounts, hopefully he'll put up a better show v Taylor than he usually does.

The winner of Taylor/Lloyd plays the winner of Baxter/Veitch.

I usually hope Taylor loses every game, but I hope he wins the next two to hopefully set up a final against Wolfie Adams or Mervyn King.

Results for today are in

Michael van Gerwen 5-4 Mervyn King
    Phil Taylor 5-1 Colin Lloyd

van Gerwen came from 2-4 down against King to win his match. And Taylor whilst being outscored by Lloyd was on fire on the finishing winning 5-1
    : The Rooster

I usually hope Taylor loses every game, but I hope he wins the next two to hopefully set up a final against Wolfie Adams or Mervyn King.

I would have to say that I am a Taylor fan. Watched him beat Bristow in the 1990 embassy final and something just appealed to me about him then, so I have followed him since. Played him a couple of times too, hard man to get the better of, you think you have him and he pops in a ton+ finish.

I do hope however that Wolfie gets to the final, I really like him as a player.

Martin Adams 5-0 Niels de Ruiter
    Ronnie Baxter 5-3 Mike Veitch

The results from today set up two interesting semis.

Michael van Gerwen vs. Martin Adams
    Ronnie Baxter vs. Phil Taylor

• Advertisement

Taylor beats Ronnie 6-0.

Adams 2-0 v vanGerwen and 1-0 up in the third against the throw.

MvG breaks back thanks to a 180.
    2-1 to MvG
    3-1 and a set back for MvG.

MvG immediately breaks Adams in the first leg of the 4th set... (now I have to pop out :( )

2 sets all.
    2-1 to MvG in set 4.

Adams doesnt close 81 with 6 darts but MvG was way back but a 140 brings him down to 56.
    Adams on D8 - misses with all 3
    MvG on 56. 16, D20!

3 sets to 2 for van Gerwen.
    Break

3 sets all
    2 legs all
    Mvg with the darts

161 for MvG - 96
    121 for Adams - 97
    65 for MvG - misses 1 dart at tops
    24 for Adams - takes it out with 2nd dart

4-3 for Adams

MvG takes 8th set 3-0. 4 sets apiece.

MvG has a 170 to win first leg of set 9.
    T20
    T20
    BULL!!!

Adams makes it 1-1.
    MvG misses 3 at a double.
    Adams misses 2.
    MvG misses again - now on D1
    Adams on 40. 0, S20, D10! 2-1 for Adams, now throwing for set - and now I have to go out and will see no more :mad: Marriage and all that;)

Adams took set 9
    ad set 10
    to win 6-4, and book a place v Taylor tomorrow.

I didnt see it but at some stage it seems Van Gerwen was on a 9 darter, but missed the double 12. Got it in 10 though.

And the final I wanted, Wolfie vs. Taylor. this one is going to be good. As usaual i will go with taylor even though I still like wolfie, cmon the power !!

pt takes first set 3-0 with the darts
    adams takes the 2nd 3-2
    set 3: 3-0 to taylor to lead 2-1
    set 4: goes to the last leg on adams throw, and taylor takes it
    set 5: taylor goes 4 sets to 1 up
    set 6: goes to the last leg on adams throw, and adams takes it to stay in the match
    interval

7th set goes to the deciding set again. Adams has a shot at the bull but misses well. Taylor's on tops, hits the single. On 10s, hits the single. Double 5 - BANG 5-2

Taylor then steamrolls the next 2 sets to claim victory.

NeoRox wrote:
    I would have to say that I am a Taylor fan. Watched him beat Bristow in the 1990 embassy final and something just appealed to me about him then, so I have followed him since. Played him a couple of times too, hard man to get the better of, you think you have him and he pops in a ton+ finish.
    When did you play Taylor???

Played him in 99 in exhibitions, 601 was the format of the game, I had 101 he had 130, 60-20-Bull. Have to say I enjoyed it. Have also played Bristow, Harrington and Mason, was meant to play Burgess the year he got to the final of the World Grand prix in wexford but couldn't make it.

Harringtons was probably the best exhibition that I played in, best of three 501, he took the first leg, I took the second, I had 121 and left a double an he checked out on 99 in three.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

NeoRox wrote:
    Played him in 99 in exhibitions, 601 was the format of the game, I had 101 he had 130, 60-20-Bull. Have to say I enjoyed it. Have also played Bristow, Harrington and Mason, was meant to play Burgess the year he got to the final of the World Grand prix in wexford but couldn't make it.

Harringtons was probably the best exhibition that I played in, best of three 501, he took the first leg, I took the second, I had 121 and left a double an he checked out on 99 in three.

Fair play mate. Must have been some experience to play those guys and it sounds like you didnt do half bad!

Advertisement