Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar question

Options
  • 30-08-2006 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hey fellas, my brother and I invested in our first electric guitar, a Vintage, with a tiny 25w amp, a Carlsbro, about six weeks ago. In the past week, there's this awful buzzing sound coming from the amp that must have something to do with the lead we're using cos it does go away after ya spend a while twiddling it. Can any of ye offer an opinion as to what this buzzing is, and how to get rid of it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Buy a new lead and see if that fixes it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

This man speaks the truth. A new lead is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Might be a loose jack on the quitar. A friends Epiphone Strat used to do that all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'd check it isn't the lead before messing around with the jack. Although that is a likely option to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Those special deals that offer guitar,amp strap 0tc usually include a crappy sealed guitar lead that normally dies a death within a few months comparable to your mobile phone charger...hard to repair. Get a decent lead as the lads suggested,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

May I add you can't go wrong with PlanetWaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Id advise buying 1 good solid built lead with a lifetime guarantee for about E25.
    Some people may say this is too much for a lead, but after you go through 3 crappy leads at E7 and the hassle and annoyance of twiddling to remove buzzing etc. it really starts to make sense to just get a good lead.
    Now that Im gigging I own 4 lifetime guaranteed leads and have never had a broken lead since.

Advertisement