Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping time for instruments from US?

Options
  • 30-08-2006 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi, just a quicky..... Ive just ordered a guitar (the '62 strat) from a US site last Thurs. (shipped Fri.) and id like to know from anyone with experience from ordering from the US how long it usually takes for arrival? I was told up to 5 days but im not sure how exact that is, seein that its coming from the states, so it would be helpful to hear from ppl about their waiting time. It was shipped using USPS if that helps narrow things down. I did get a tracking no. but it wouldnt work... thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

If I was you I'd take a look at the USPS web site and see what their standard shipping time is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

well if theey told u 5 working days than u should get it by friday..in theory....although dont be suprised if u dont get it till next monday! lazy postal services likes to take saturday off:P

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

If I was you I'd take a look at the USPS web site and see what their standard shipping time is.
    Nah the site is very unhelpful... Its only helpful to US customers, which is rediculous cause its a worldwide postal service:rolleyes: Cant track my delivery or find the shipping time for Ireland on their website... Like i said if any US site customers here could tell me how long their delivery took that be great and much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

USPS can, in my experience, take anything from a week to a month to get it here, and others have had it even faster. Just chill, and the tracking number should work, always has for me.

USPS can, in my experience, take anything from a week to a month to get it here, and others have had it even faster. Just chill, and the tracking number should work, always has for me.
    Okay thats not good:eek: I have a gig on the weekend and need my guitar for then!! I shuda payed extra for a faster postal service! And the fact that there is no record of my item, according to the site, really worries me:( I keep putting in the tracking number but it just doesnt work.... What da hell is going on!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

u should ring the company who u bought it off! or email em if you cant get through to them! i remember i ordered a psp from japan ages ago adn i was given the wrong trackin number....it happens man! i wouldnt worry too much! im kinda in the same boat as u 2day! im waitin 4 a strat to be delivered and i duno if ill get it before the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

last thing i ordered from the us in equipment took about 2-3 weeks but its all good it'll arrive soon!

Yay just contacted the guitar place, they checked and my guitar is already in Ireland (as of today at 4:00) and should be here tomorrow!! Thats a relief! My tracking no. works now so i can see whats goin on. Cant wait:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I hope you get it today man. What a Friday eh ;)

Quattroste wrote:
    I hope you get it today man. What a Friday eh ;)
    Thanks dude, fingers crossed:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

5 days for a guitar from the US is unrealistic. I'm waiting on a small envelope containing a nut almost 2 weeks now.

Be patient and remember - cold showers!

Edit: and if it's already in Ireland, then the above advice applies even more so! Just my experience.

Well it didnt arrive today, like i was told, and im really disappointed and pissd off as i did need it for the weekend:( I was able to track through AnPost and its in Laois so i know its close but obviously the earliest ill get it delivered is Monday which will not do so im wondering is there another way? Like a pick up? I know that the postal depots are open on saturday so do you think i would be able to collect my guitar tomorrow when it hopefully arrives at the Sandyford depot? Is this possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't think you are allowed pick up like that (for regular An Post mail or parcels), couriers are different, I could be wrong.

Advertisement