Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I played a Fender acoustic today...

Options
  • 29-08-2006 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

I do believe it was this model, and I have to say I was damned impressed. The neck was more like that of an electric guitar, and it was very comfortable. I think I might actually nab one at some stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Well fender acoustics are in general chinese/korean and all the ones i've played were complete lemons. Sorry but i've nothing constructive to say but maybe you played a gem. If you're in the market for a cheap semi I think the solid Yamaha and Takamines are the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

A friend has or had one and its and awful guitar. It was probably bottom of the range like the cheap yamaha ones but i expected more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm... Could've been a one in a million, or a very old one tbh. It belonged to a friend, and I didn't even ask him how long he's had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

I've a 250 odd quid Crafter acoustic that I payed 100 euro for buying it off a mate. It actully plays like a dream. The neck is really like an electric and the action is reallt small too. Set of light strings on there and you can barely tell the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

have to say i haven't played a lot of nice fenders (acoustics that is ;)) unless u spend a bundle.

i always found takamine to be the nices purest sound.

also i had a 150 euro epiphone that i loved to death so maybe that was another 1 in a million

• Advertisement
Advertisement