Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teaching english in china

Options
  • 29-08-2006 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i'm thinking of getting the hell outa here for a while and emersing myself in another culture, and giving teaching a shot.

has anyone done this?

this programme looks interesting, http://www.realgap.co.uk/Teach%20and%20Travel%20China

does anyone have any personal experiences teaching in china, any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Xiaolan

Hi,

I taught in China for 2 years but didn't go with a programme. Those that I knew who did go with programmes had less control over their lives and didn't always have positive experiences - they also tend to get paid less. There are a lot of jobs out there, it's just difficult to know how to go about finding them. I'd highly recommend going though - it's definitely an adventure...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

i am currently in Dalian, in northern china. I'm teaching in a university here. I came to china on a tourist visa and applied for jobs once i got here. It was a little daunting at first but once i settled in i had no problems. its a great experience, very different culture and friendly people. it beats going to oz for a year, imo anyway. if you have any questions, pm me or post here.

as the above poster said, i wouldnt go with a programme. they just take your money. they dont do anything you can't do on your own. You should check out a website called eslcafe.com for loads of info on english teaching in tons of different countries...

Advertisement