Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSG: The Story So Far

Options
  • 29-08-2006 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

"Xbox Live users in the U.S. can now download the full length TV show 'Battlestar Galactica: The Story So Far' in standard def from the Xbox Live Marketplace. Just in case you are wondering, this marks one of the first times that a complete TV episode has been digitally delivered to your Xbox 360 over Xbox Live. The file size is 492.20 MB."

Has anyone tried this?

I'm going home after work and setting up a new silver account based in the US of A!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Guarantee that will be a torrent in the next 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Already there, bro' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Already there, bro' :p

Worth watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

quad_red wrote:
    Worth watching?
    not reley left out all of my favertate scens (no not battle scenes it left them out but there not my faverates)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

PQ is attrocious , and thats before I used my 16:9 screens Zoom function because it was 16:9 in a 4:3 frame which made it look like it was shot with a mobile phone. Otherwise it is black bars top and bottom and left and right. Typical Microsoft. A handful of bedroom coders can create a better media player for the original xbox (xbmc) than a dept full of MS developers for the 360 and in this case a single bedroom encoder can create a better xvid rip of an episode for torrent than a dept in Microsoft who are actually trying to showcase with this BSG Ep their proposed subscription based TV show download service for Live market place.

Unwatchable. Turned it off after a few seconds. Waste of 400mb.

• Advertisement

Calibos - are you talking about one you downloaded for your xbox or one your er... cousins sent you?

quad_red wrote:
    Worth watching?
    IMHO its OK but you wouldn't be missing out in any way if you didn't see it.

One thing that I had forgotten was that they have found the map to Earth. I'm a bit surprised they didn't use this more as an argument for not settling on New Caprica.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Calibos - are you talking about one you downloaded for your xbox or one your er... cousins sent you?

I downloaded the 'Story so far' ep from US marketplace. I have also recieved last seasons episodes from 'Cousins' in the states. While BSG eps (not shown in HDTV even in the states) from cousins dont compare favourably to something like LOST which the cousins have recorded from a HDTV signal, and thus the image is soft and mushier in comparison. Those cousin BSG eps are still a lot better than microsofts effort.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

BSG is definitely shown in HD in the states. 1080i. Universal broadcast it in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

I don't think SciFi channel is high def yet..
    I think Universal screen HD eps a good while after the SciFi channel does.
    Pity sky one isn't getting on board again.. they had very nice quality episodes.. because the HD really does add to the (gritty..)camera and special effects

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I don't think SciFi channel is high def yet..
    I think Universal screen HD eps a good while after the SciFi channel does.
    Pity sky one isn't getting on board again.. they had very nice quality episodes.. because the HD really does add to the (gritty..)camera and special effects

They not showing Season 3?
    No fair!! :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

gatecrash wrote:
    They not showing Season 3?
    No fair!! :mad: :mad:

:confused:
    So are any Irish/British broadcasters showing season 3 then?

quad_red wrote:
    :confused:
    So are any Irish/British broadcasters showing season 3 then?

I dunno. Could just be jumping the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I think the above is regarding HD.

BSG should still be on SkyONE quite soon after SciFi, or maybe the same time if the rumours are to be believed.

SofaKing wrote:
    I think the above is regarding HD.

BSG should still be on SkyONE quite soon after SciFi, or maybe the same time if the rumours are to be believed.

That's less concerning so.

Just so's I know, the SciFi channel you are referring to is NOT the one available on the Sky package s that correct?

Advertisement