Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Money in Oblivion

Options
  • 29-08-2006 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Hey guys , even though I have just finished main quest in Oblivion I am finding it hard to keep my head above water money wise, I think perhaps I rely too much on weapons that need re charging, and as much as I use soul gems and Varla stones to re charge my weapons it still seems very expensive,
    any one any thoughts on how to maximise cash flow ?Also is there any merchant that has wads of cash, it seems to be a lot harder to get serious cash together than it was in Morrowind ...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

are you a member of the thieves guild??? If nt join them as you can sell stolen property only to them

secondly, it does cost a hell of a lot to recharge your weapons so wouldn't it be cool if there was an unbreakable soul gem (which there is) that could be used over and over in conjunction with a good soul trap weapon (which also exists)

I don't want to spoil it for others but the best ways to make money is not to spend it.

Save money where ever you can such as recharging weapons etc

Join the thieves guild as you can sell stolen property.

Do as many missions with financial reward as you can.

Also i have not done this myself but you can invest in shops if your merchant skill is high enough cant you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Vegeta wrote:
    Also i have not done this myself but you can invest in shops if your merchant skill is high enough cant you
    Yep, once you reach expert level in mercantile, you can add 500 to the shops max amount permanently, and it only costs you 500. Also once you become a master of mercantile, every shop in the game has 500 extra gold aswell.

I really must get back to this. I take great pleasure in maxing stats like mercantile. I don't know why but i just do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

okay thanks for the tips, obviously have to go and look for this rechargeable gem
    I have a feeling its a daedric quest item, begining with A ?? If so I gave it to Martin as part of the main quest !!!!!:o

vasch_ro wrote:
    okay thanks for the tips, obviously have to go and look for this rechargeable gem
    I have a feeling its a daedric quest item, begining with A ?? If so I gave it to Martin as part of the main quest !!!!!:o

Oh man if you have a saved game before that point i'd nearly replay the game just to get it back.

It is the daedric quest begining with A :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement