Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home weather stations;

Options
  • 29-08-2006 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations for home weather stations? I've seen a few on e-bay and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good one and where I might get it. I don't mind buying off e-bay or similar.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

If you click on my link in my signature and click on the meterologica banner,it will bring you to their home page where you can have a gander at some of the stations they have and see what one suits you.
    The vantage pro or pro2 are the best thats out there but most expensive.The oregon wmr is not bad either,but it is really what you want to spend.
    A cheaper one is the weather monitor and wizard or alternately Argos have a selection of even cheaper stations.
    Probably eBay you will get your best price but no warranty if something breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

If I had my own place it would have to be the Vantage Pro 2 (cabled - more reliable updates than wireless in bad weather and easier to set up).
    You can set it up feed directly to a website or just your local pc.
    I'd also have a lightening detector and if it was allowable by law - my own radar too!!
    If I had a greenfield site i'd probably fit a Stevenson screen and Met qualified instruments but that wouldn't give the nice feed like the Vantage Pro 2 (would probably have both truth be told!!)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Now your spoiling yourself.:D
    Doppler radar,hmmm havent got one of those yet:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Thanks for the info Snowbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Longfield wrote:
    If I had my own place it would have to be the Vantage Pro 2 (cabled - more reliable updates than wireless in bad weather and easier to set up).

Agree with most of this, but the wireless allows the option of further sensors such as soil temp, extra temp sensors, more remote placement of anemometer etc.

If you include running a cable from ISS to console in house as part of setting up, then the wireless is most certainly easier to set up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement