Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buying my second hand car

Options
  • 28-08-2006 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

hi there im just on the verge of buying a second hand car for around 10.000 and was jus looking for advice on where i should get it? would it be better to maybe go up north or stick to a well known car dealer or maybe buy out of the buy and sell or e bay etc. im looking for advice on what i should do because i dont know an awful lot about the car business or car industry. Thanks for any information that might come my way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It really depends on what type of a car you're after. If you're looking for something a bit older or unusual, it may be a good idea to import or buy privately.
    If it's peace of mind you're after, buying from a main dealer is often the best option. this usually seems the most expensive option, but bear in mind that the car will be serviced, likely to have new tyres etc. and will usually have a comprehensive warranty. buying from a dealer is safer than dealing with a complete stranger, and you will have comeback if the car turns out to have a dubious history (accident repairs, stolen etc.) You will, of course, be more likely to be able to haggle an advertised price down if you're buying from a garage than if you're buying from a private seller.

Advertisement