Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ryder Cup

Options
  • 28-08-2006 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Fancy USA at 5/4..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

yeah, a lot being made of the inexperience of the US team, but very few of the top europeans are in form. The US will be really up for this and I reckon 5/4 is not a bad price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I'd be terrible to back them though. Would you shout them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

It would be hard to cheer for them especially as I'll be out there one of the days, but 2.38 on betfair, is 2.38 after all!! I think I'll stick to match bets as there's no value with Europe outright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Outside of the big names the U.S team contains some players that have never even taken part in the British open, or even played in Europe. This should prove crucial come tournament time and that 4/5 looks like safe enough money for the europe team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

fade2black wrote:
    Outside of the big names the U.S team contains some players that have never even taken part in the British open, or even played in Europe. This should prove crucial come tournament time and that 4/5 looks like safe enough money for the europe team.

Problem is that the K Club is an American style golf course so most of the American players will feel at home there.
    The four rookies may have to apply for passports !

• Advertisement
Advertisement