Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music at Third Level

Options
  • 28-08-2006 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, want to know from people who studied, where did you study? What standard would I have to be, both in theory and in practical terms, to be accepted? Where would I be able to do a course centred around contemporary music? I had DIT in mind, but they seem to have shifted to strictly classical and Irish traditional focus now. Where offers a contemporary course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Most courses require a minimum of C3 in HL Music. and tbh, to get that mark you don't really have to be anything special.

As for a contemporary course? Haven't a clue! I'm goin to Maynooth in September and I know the course is very theory heavy, no practical until 2nd year I believe. And it's also focused on Classical and Irish music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I guess you could call the courses in ballyfermot college "contemporary". www.bcfe.ie

Advertisement