Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

iaudio to Nissan Primera year 2000 built in stereo? Please help.

Options
  • 28-08-2006 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hello all,

I drive a Nissan Primera year 2000. I have an iaudio x5 mp3 players which I want to connect directly into back of stereo. The stereo is one of those inbuilt ones.
    Stereo has connections at back for cd changer from the boot.

Can this be done?
    Attached please find pic of connections at back of stereo. The connection on the iaudio is an ordinary headphone one.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Are they the actual connections for the CD changer though? I thought all CD changer connections were done through AUX in? Does it have another connection for the CD changer? If it's AUX in, all you'll need is a 3.5 to AUX lead and you'll be flying:)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

This is what connects to the back of the stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think they are just for the speakers as far as I know. You'll have to wait for somebody else to reply:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

On most normal ISO head units the CD changer connects via a round jack that is more than just an aux connection - it carries cd changer control commands etc as well. If the Nissan unit doesn't have this its probably just a case of getting an adaptor for it -- or it does not support a cd changer. Doubt that though, as a friend has a '00 primera with CD changer.

I know for ipods you can get a kit from Dension that connects to the CD changer port on a standard head unit, and I would guess there's something similar that will connect to any player via the headphone jack, just sacrificing the ability to control playback from the head unit.

Advertisement