Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuning Fortec Star, no BBC2,3,4 etc

Options
  • 28-08-2006 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have a dish setup with a twin LNB, One reciever has picked up all the FTA channles, however the Fortec Star reciever picks most channels inc BBC1 but no BBC2, 3, or 4 and no sky news. Any ideas what I am doing wrong. i have tried all cominations in the antennae setup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

See the sticky and add the transponders for BBC. The transponder list built in is out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 markovan

Any idea how to add these transponders

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is there an option to Network Scan or equivalent? THis should usually update the frequency list within the receiver.

To manually enter frequencies, you may need to refer to your manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

The sticky was written with only a digibox in mind and is missing some transponders (i.e. those which are present by default on the Sky EPG). Can it be updated for FTA box users?

10773 H SR 22000 FEC 5/6

BBC1 London, BBC1 NI, BBC2 England, BBC Three, CBBC, BBC News 24, BBC Four, CBeebies.

10729 V SR 22000 FEC 5/6

Film 4, Film 4+1.

byte

Thanks Zaphod. Done.

• Advertisement

Thanks - might be no harm to edit the title of the sticky too to include FTA receivers.

Thanks for all the info, one small problem, I cannot find an option to enter the FEC when adding the channel, any ideas or is this just a problem with this reciever

Most receivers now have auto-FEC which means you don't need to enter it manually.

Sorry to keep at this but I am one step away from returning the reciever to Maplin. When I enter the channel info the signal strenght is 60 - 70 % but the quality is zero. The other reciever off the same LNB has no problem with the channel. Should I be looking elsewhere??

byte

Is 22kHz Tone turned Off?

Try swapping receivers around perhaps to make sure it's not the cable drop at fault.

• Advertisement

The 22 is set to auto for a uni lnb. Switched outputs from lnb between recievers but still no joy, looks like old mister maplin will be getting a visit from me soon,

thanks for all the help

Can you list the channels you are able to receive?

I can get every sort of BBC1, UTV, ITV2 Film4 and about 260 others, some yellowed out.

I don't know what you mean by yellowed out, but the channels you name are all 'vertical'. Are you able to receive any 'horizontal' channels in the 260 others e.g. Abu Dhabi TV, All in Sport, BEN, Baby TV, CCTV-9, Teachers' TV, QVC, Men & Motors, MTA International?

I will check that when I go home, if that is the case what should I do to enable Horizontal channels

Mark

Googled my problem and found this discussion which might be useful to other people who might have this problem

http://forums.dsstester.com/vbb/archive/index.php/t-41110.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheWexfox

I have a Ferguson Ariva 153 combo. It has the freeview transponders pre programmed. I would like to watch F1 live on the German RTL but I need to add Astra 19.2. How do I go about that? Can anyone help me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

TheWexfox wrote: »
    I have a Ferguson Ariva 153 combo. It has the freeview transponders pre programmed. I would like to watch F1 live on the German RTL but I need to add Astra 19.2. How do I go about that? Can anyone help me please?
    You should really start a new thread for this topic. Simple answer, if your dish is large enough you need to fit a 2nd LNB (thing on the end of the dish arm) pointed at the 19E satellite and suitable switching arrangements such as a DISEQC.

Advertisement