Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Transit manual required, or help with fuses

Options
  • 28-08-2006 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a Ford Transit van, 2001, and no manual. I have blown a fuse for the internal lights. I know the fuses are in the cab on the left hand side but they are unlabelled. (I am pretty sure it's the fuse as one of the lights was broken and I sellotaped it back together, next day they wouldn't light :o )

Can anybody suggest where I may get a manual? Do public libraries have them?

Or can somebody help with identifying the correct fuse. I have pulled out a few of the lower value ones to check them and I may just pull them all out one by one to have a look but it'd nice if someone knew more. The guys in a Ford dealership thought that the fuses would be labelled on the fuse box cover but they're not...

Cheers
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They normally should be labelled inside the fuse box cover alright. Could the ford dealership guys not tell you which fuse to replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Wazdakka, thanks for the link but that manual seems to cover the '86 to '99 transits, mine is a 2001 model. It seems to be the only transit manual on the site.

Stephen, the guys were quite helpful, they gave me a few 15amp fuses, I had just bought a light cluster off them, replaced it outside, found the fuse box following their instructions and brought the covers into them, no labels. I suppose I just have to look at somebodys elses transit and check their cover for the labels... The van is being DOE'd on Wednesday (in two days time) so they may be able to do it.

Cheers
    Joe

Advertisement