Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars/ Vans that will do 50MPG +

Options
  • 28-08-2006 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Anything you know of, just want to see what cars are in this category.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

junii wrote:
    Anything you know of, just want to see what cars are in this category.

(I presume you mean an "average" of 50mpg - almost any vehicle is capable of 50mpg in the right conditions)

VW Lupo diesel, Citroen C3 diesel, Punto diesel, Fiesta diesel, Peugeot 205 diesel can average over 50 mpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Theres a 1.3 fiat multijet engine that sounds highly economical as a van engine.
    The multijet engine averaged 45mpg in a road test on whatvan.co.uk ,in a fiat doblo van.
    The same engine can be got in the small opel vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Any diesel car should be able to get 50+

I used to get 61mpg from an Octavia TDi

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Jesper

I've a Citreon Zxara 1.9TD Coupe. Great Car for a '99. Great value when bought and I'm getting 47mpg and I drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

focus diesel, golf diesel

what size van?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

_Brian_ wrote:
    The multijet engine averaged 45mpg .
    Jesper wrote:
    I've a Citreon Zxara 1.9TD Coupe. Great Car for a '99. Great value when bought and I'm getting 47mpg and I drive it.

Didn't the OP specify 50mpg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Didn't the OP specify 50mpg?

Yes ,45mpg average means ,sometimes 56 mpg ,somtimes 39 mpg.
    So the multijet would be 50mpg ,if you wanted it to be.
    Its down to the driver how economical a car is ,I doubt a granny screaming around in 2 gear is economy class.

By the way ,the 45MPG is a real road test.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Corolla 1.4 D-4D will do mid fifties, but then so will the 307, C4, Focus and Golf. pretty much anything with a small diesel engine will do it.

Advertisement