Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fender japan prices going up

Options
  • 28-08-2006 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Fender Japan Guitars and Basses
    Price Increase and New Numbering System to take effect September 1st 2006

Due to a sudden price increase of the woods, paints, and hardware used for our instruments, Fender Japan has been forced to revise its pricing structure. As a result, effective September 1st 2006, the price and numbering of our current models will change. The current price and numbering system will continue until August 31st 2006.

About time, I suppose, they were and are undervalued in many ways :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Bummer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Doesn't say how much it's going up by though. I wouldn't worry too much yet, could be pittance.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Lemme see, are we looking at d signature series's here, and those Toronados and that?
    Im a Fender US man. But there are a load of undervalued guitars on the market and many a bargain to be unearthed yet, fender Japan or not.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Damnit, buy now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It looks like there's a 10,000 - 20,000 yen price increase on all models
    goes the legend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Gah, that's getting towards American prices. We don't likes that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'd guess it has far more to do with FMIC getting pissed off with such stern competition than a sudden increase in the price of wood :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Bah, bad news.

They could have started with their flip-flops, ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ok, that's a pretty fierce price increase. I think it definetly might be a good time to invest in a Fender Japan instrument, if you've got the cash. I sadly don't. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I wouldnt be surprised if this were followed by an increase in prices in the US models. Fender USA wont want to see the price gap between the Jap and US models getting smaller as it will be percieved make their instruments seem exclusive etc. it's also a risk for fender Japan to increase prices without the US doing so... if they go up to much people may hold out for the the more expensive Am series.

i would expect cross the board increases from Fender to follow reasonably soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

But, but, but i nearly have enough saved for my new jazz bass...*sigh*, overtime it be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I wouldnt be surprised if this were followed by an increase in prices in the US models. Fender USA wont want to see the price gap between the Jap and US models getting smaller as it will be percieved make their instruments seem exclusive etc. it's also a risk for fender Japan to increase prices without the US doing so... if they go up to much people may hold out for the the more expensive Am series.

i would expect cross the board increases from Fender to follow reasonably soon
    Are Fender Japan a part of Fender USA or are they a seperate company that pays Fender USA for the use of their name, designs , trademarks etc etc?
    My impression FWIW is that Fender Japan and Fender USA don't seem to co-ordinate things between them very much.

Advertisement