Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

only fools and horses- LEGENDS

• 27-08-2006 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

think the writers and cast of OFAH deserve legend status.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Indeed, your round sunshine! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Trigger, "ello Dave" to Rodney. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Ruu wrote:
    Trigger, "ello Dave" to Rodney. :)

:D:D

OFAH - definatly should be in the Legends of the Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

trigger has come up with sum of the best sayings ever. the best one being when he tried to convinc del he used the same brush for 25 years- he had 13 new handles and 10 new heads! :)

looder wrote:
    trigger has come up with sum of the best sayings ever. the best one being when he tried to convinc del he used the same brush for 25 years- he had 13 new handles and 10 new heads! :)

Hasn't trigger been in the harry potter films, can't remember who he played though. I remember him playing a bumbling waiter in one of the mr.bean episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

pure class,you never get tired of watching them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Baby4 wrote:

Such a pity really, they are deffinately
    'Legands of the Boards'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chippybrady

Who could forget when Del fell through the bar when he went to lean on it. An all time classic moment!

• Advertisement

Who could forget when Del fell through the bar when he went to lean on it. An all time classic moment!

brilliant:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLYvSWJUBb8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Agreed - classic. :D:D

Apparently the writers had come up with that idea ten years before it was actually used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

the earlier ones are best

i have every episode on dvd,best british comedy ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Best sitcom ever made. If ever I have to make a descision with a high risk of failure but a fantastic reward, I just keep telling myself "come on son, he who dares wins!" :D Surely no better motivational phrase.

county wrote:
    i have every episode on dvd,best british comedy ever

Even the woefully bad final episode? I refuse to watch it if its repeated, it tarnishes the old ones!

Whilst most people regard the visuals as making the best scene (the chandellier, the bar, Batman and Robin running through the alley) for me its the lines, the insults, the general situations. Like when Rodney buys back the same crap lawnmower engines Del had secretly bought off him to lift his spirits

"What a 42 carat plonker you really are!" :D

Or when Rodney brings the policewoman home, and Del had to grab her watch (which was stolen) by spilling duty free gin on her.

Del "Oh Im sorry darlin, we`re right out of gin"
    Rodney "No dont worry Del, theres 3 cases of it under that curtain!" (points to the curtain where Del had hurriedly hid a few cases with EXPORT ONLY printed on the side)
    Del "I ....I dont.....I dont bel......??...WHAT A PLONKER!" :D

Legends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Father Stone

looder wrote: »
    think the writers and cast of OFAH deserve legend status.
    Writer - Just one man, John Sullivan, makes it even more legendary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

When you go to any tourist destination in Spain the african guys on the street who are selling the watches and sunglasses refer to the tourists as del boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

"he who dares wins" a motto we should all live by.

Definitely getting my nomination as legends anyway...........

Advertisement