Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic Wah??

Options
  • 27-08-2006 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Did anyone ever use a wah pedal with an acoustic?? I'm thinking about buying one for the acoustic for the craic but i've never used one before? Do ye think it would sound kinda funky or stooopid??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Try it in the shop and see what you think. You can use any effect you like once you think it sounds good. I don't know for sure but I think you might be a bit more prone to feedback using a wah with your acoustic (I'm assuming it's a semi-acoustic guitar :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi John,

ya, its a Martin D-41 with a Fishman Natural II.

Its got a deadnought so its a fairly big body, I don't know would wah work better with a smaller body, sure i'll try it in a shop during the week.

If I do like it....whats a good pedal to go for?? The orinigal cry baby seems to be the norm??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Dunlop vs Vox is a bit of a personal taste thing. Best try both.

It's not incredibly common, but I've never noticed any special feedback issues any time I have come across acoustic wah at a gig.

Damien Rice used to do it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Damien Rice used to do it all the time.

And I've heard his guitar go a little squawky sometimes when he did use it. However that was only once or twice out of the dozens of times I've seen him use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

He used it at the gig last night and it sounded great. Dunno what pedal he uses though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

damo uses a vox wah,all chrome and shiney!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Don't know much about this, but I'd suggest trying a wah where you can sweep change the frequency of the filter for the wah. My V-amp had this feature and it meant you could get a wah that "bit" right on a jazzy neck pickup clean sound or a trebly lead sound. Hope that makes sense. I actually ended up selling my dunlop cry baby because I wasn't using it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Don't forget Morleys. If you want those kind of shaping options then the Bad Horsie 2 is a great one to go for. If you want a simpler Wah that just sounds great then the Mark Tremonti model is one to look at...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey,

I bought a Crybaby on ebay....its due tomorrow!!

I never got the chance to run into a shop to try before I buy but I'm presuming it'll sound kinda funky!

Advertisement