Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juggling is BANNED in Stephens Green!!

Options
  • 27-08-2006 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Well you heard it here first.

I only arrived after the warning was given.
    Some park supervisor warned jugglers not to juggle in stephens green, citing the by-laws...

These laws are on a poster beside the bridge, and have been in force in 1962.
    "No dancing, theatrical performance, or musical performance" aparantly implies no juggling.

So we're going to write letters to the commissionners of stephens green, as the by-laws allow for the possability of getting their permission to "perform".

Not that we were actually preforming, we were practicing.
    I'm alsom considering writing letters to some newspapers about this.
    Something along the lines of "following Irelands first hosting of the European Juggling Convention and the World Street Performance Championships it has been discovered that juggling is banned in Stephens Green..."

How rare....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Really i was up there about three and was juggling fine, **** em i say was probably just some uppity guy flexing some muscle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I got there at half two, right after the other jugglers were told to get out.
    It might have been because they had unicycles, and yerman thought he'd give out to them for "cycling"
    And then told them they werent allowed to juggle.

Tbh we've been there going on 6 years now longer i think but 6 years i know for definite so i think it was just one uppity warden. i'll be there next week so we'll see then. sure if not we can just move the meeting to the iveagh gardens.

Probably better off just ignoring it alright.
    If they do tell us to stop again tho, I will be writing a letter...
    Moving a meet like that can screw things up - for weeks after we moved to merrion square people were still going into trinity lopoing for the jugglers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yup, probably a good idea to just put it down to warden's having a power trip and see what happens next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hmmm... I don't see how those by-laws could cover juggling. What a silly park supervisor. I too would brush it off and see if it happens again.

As for the cycling rule, does it say "no cycling" or "no bicycling"? If the latter then I don't see how a single-wheeled instrument like a unicycle could be disallowed.

Fight the power man. Grooooooovy. Four more years! Bomb Vietnam!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

Keep juggling, Just ignore them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The by-laws state no theatrical performances, yet there are drama performances on there frequently in the summer, I've even stage managed one of them. Also "no dancing"? Can we not even bop to our own special beat?

as i suggested the other day, we should have a silent disco whilst juggling, really throw those bye-laws in their face!!

It says no preformance with out the permission of the commisioners of stephens green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sod them! Not into juggling, but have taken some good photos of jugglers in Stephen's Green. Can they prosecute...?

And where does this leave hacke-sacks (sp?) - that's not a performance either... or is it...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

As Stephen I say juggle on, if the wardens give you any trouble just tell them to contact me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NiallKelly

The Captain has spoken - don't you know who Stephen is?!

well there wasnt any problems juggling today, guess the supervisor was just having a bad day last weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

very strange altogether

Or not strange at all? btw sweet-ramus= sarah or jess?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think her anem may be Sarah, maybe.
    <_<
    I always forget , guess she is just forgetable.
    >_>

lmao at your sig man.

weather forecase seems to suggest we might not get rained on this afternoon...

so kind, Tar :P why of couse it is the best twin :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've always had this thing for the other twin...in my pants like.

• Advertisement

ahem! on thin ice, baby ;)

What's that on your forehead?

index-logo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

*wipes brow*

Phew, I've been neglecting my poor juggling the last little while and was hoping it was still on in Stephens Green.

Might try and pop along, and bring some lack of skill with me for the craic.

Would somebody like to help me learn how to uni-cycle, really thinking of getting one this Christams :cool:

I think the unicycling is the thing they had the problem with in stephens green. But trinity juggling will be back soon (while there was a decent bit of unicycling there previously, I cant say for sure if there will be at the moment.)
    And UCD are back , but I dont think they've really settled on a regular time and place...

Advertisement