Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teaching English?

Options
  • 27-08-2006 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

A year or two ago I recall someone say they used to volunteer teaching English to refugees. I can't seem to track down any information on it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The CDVEC run a number of classes for refugees, but not on a voluntary basis.

Here is a doc that has a list of available classes (it's from 2003, but I'm sure many would still be current).
    http://www.emigrantadvice.ie/site/classes.doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

I was a voluntary English Language Tutor to asylum seekers with Doras Luimni...Limerick.... 061 310328, not sure if Doras exists in other parts of Ireland but they may have contacts elsewhere. A good experience, done by a lot of young people who wanted teaching practice. Alan

Advertisement