Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Futher playing for FLUTE

Options
  • 27-08-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I started playing the flute about 10 months ago to finally satisfy my desire to learn to play a proper musical instrument while I had time in TY & mostly because of prior experience of wind instruments & eagerness to practise I've now finished the two books that I was using in lessons, A Tune a Day 1 & 2. I was just wondering if anybody had any recommendations of any books that can be used as follow-ups to these or would help improve my playing more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 karinleitner

Hi,
    I dont know if you are interested in our flute workshop in Ballymaloe House, but post it to you anyway. We will bring loads of sheet music but the focus will be to improve musical, technical, chambermusic aspects of your playing.
    For more info you can look at www.karinleitner.com
    We will work with everyone on their level and it will be a concert at the end.It was supposed to be a chambermusic workshop but so many people wanted private lessons that we will see how it will turn out best for everyone by doing a mixture of everything.
    If you want to attend, let me know.
    Kind regards
    Karin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 karinleitner

Hi,
    I dont know if you are interested in our flute workshop in Ballymaloe House, but post it to you anyway. We will bring loads of sheet music but the focus will be to improve musical, technical, chambermusic aspects of your playing.
    For more info you can look at www.karinleitner.com /Music/Workshops
    We will work with everyone on their level and it will be a concert at the end.It was supposed to be a chambermusic workshop but so many people wanted private lessons that we will see how it will turn out best for everyone by doing a mixture of everything.
    If you want to attend, let me know.
    Kind regards
    Karin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I remember years ago when I played the trumpet and clarinet that there we books with lots of excercises in them - Otto Langley. I can't say that I know whether or not they published a flute edition but it would be worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

When I was but a wee tad playing sax and clarinet, I had an album with scores from a company called Music Minus One. It was the forerunner of today's BackTrax and Band In Pocket-type discs, where you are the soloist with a professional backing band.
    They really did it up, my record (a Burt Bacharach/Hal David compendium) had scores for Eb, Bb, and C instruments. Don't know if they still do that, but you can at least get one tailored to your instrument, as it appears MMO is still going strong.

Music Minus One

Poke around the site and you'll find all kinds of stuff from popular, jazz, chamber and orchestral music. Not too expensive, either.

Karin Leitner's thing sounds interesting too, a chance to play with other people. Especially if they work with you on solos or small ensemble playing.

Advertisement