Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSIA - What are u doing with ur's??

Options
  • 27-08-2006 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

I plan to take myself and himself on a nice holiday, somewhere different and exotic. The rest is all mine :D After that i really havnt got a clue what Ill do with the rest. How about u??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Without causing offense, I don't really see the big deal with the SSIAs.
    Its not a massive influx of money, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

No offense taken.
    It depends on your situation,its alot of money to alot of people,myself included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Fuzzy did you take one out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

If I hear one more SSIA advert on TV or radio about how I should reinvest it with the bank... I will go nuts! :mad:

Anyway, you never told us what you are doing with "ur's"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

i am going to be boring and reduce my mortgage,probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mel123

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Without causing offense, I don't really see the big deal with the SSIAs.
    Its not a massive influx of money, really.

Of course its a lot of money, if you saved the max your set to get approx 20k, to me thats a lot of money anyway!! If i hadnt of done it i probably wouldnt have 20euro saved, let alone 20k!!
    Plus its a huge influx of money into the ecomomy.

I think the people who are sick of hearing about it tend to be the ones who didnt do it, am i right??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

mel123 wrote:
    Of course its a lot of money, if you saved the max your set to get approx 20k, to me thats a lot of money anyway!

Of course it is a lot of money, but it is ~80% your own money that you are getting back.

Realistically, if the scheme wasn't incentivised and you had saved €250 per month you would have a fair whack too.

What it does show you is just how much saving x amount per month (that you don't notice) amounts to after a specified period of time (that you do notice).

The Scheme has worked for you. You saved the money that you wouldnt originally have done and you survived, but just remember that you didnt get that 20k for "free" - it was already yours.

Another pointer is not to mock others who for any number of reasons may not have decided to take the same oppertunities as you did.

L.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

and if you're a couple then it'll be about €40k ,which is a big CASHFLOW, regardless of how much was already yours, I've spent mine on an investment property

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Pay off debts and save the rest towards a holiday home.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

booked a 3 week safari to kenya,tanzania and zanzibar over december

we get back to dublin new years to consume the remainder in champagne ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement