Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for dates...

Options
  • 27-08-2006 2:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone remember the dates of those thunderstorms on the east coast (it was either October or November) about 2 or 3 years ago that lasted for 3 days and brought all that flooding and snow to the Wicklow mountains while everywhere else was dry?!?:rolleyes: Thanks, I would just like to dig up the charts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

I think it was the 21st of october 2003.I had a brother away in spain around that week i will check with him as i picked him up from the airport that day.
    Now i might be wrong on the date but i think it was a tuesday around that time.Defo was in the last two weeks of october.Hope this helps.

Theres actually a thread on it here,which will give you the exact date.
    I remember it well as I was on my pc stupidly at lunch time that day during what I thought was a lull and there was a fork of lightning near the house which blew the modem out from under my feet,the phone off the wall and left a black stain there.
    The pc worked for a while but died later...never again will I let that happen.

here is the thread It was october 22nd 2003 with a very cold northerly down a relatively warm Irish sea leading to the explosive showers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Tristrame wrote:
    Theres actually a thread on it here,which will give you the exact date.
    I remember it well as I was on my pc stupidly at lunch time that day during what I thought was a lull and there was a fork of lightning near the house which blew the modem out from under my feet,the phone off the wall and left a black stain there.
    The pc worked for a while but died later...never again will I let that happen.

here is the thread It was october 22nd 2003 with a very cold northerly down a relatively warm Irish sea leading to the explosive showers.

Thanks guys. I have the charts. I could post them for prosterity if you like:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Please do DM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

• Advertisement
Advertisement