Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Charge Waiver

Options
  • 26-08-2006 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just moving into my new house in UL and was wondering about paying bin charges. I heard off a previous housemate that students could register their house with the council as a student house and then not pay for the bins. I have been looking up the City Council for information but can find nothing. Has anyone else here heard about the waiver scheme or how to go about applying for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I know some companies offer a reduced charge for students so you should call them up and see. I don't think the council operate a wavier scheme for students. They do operate one for OAPs alright which is possibly what your housemate was on about but I've certainly never heard of one for students.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I know you can claim a certain amount against tax but i dont know how that works out for students as it is realistically when you are woking full time...

But it cant hurt to ask

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/public_utilities/waste_management/tax_relief_on_domestic_service_charges.html

Advertisement