Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bank for investment finance

Options
  • 26-08-2006 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm curious to know what people think is the best bank for investment finance? What criteria is generally required?

Alot of people made alot of money in the last few years in Ireland through A1 investments. I'm just trying to understand the role of the bank manager in facilitating/promoting this.

Have you made alot of money (through property, in particular) that was only possible by a generous bank manager.

Are personal relationships important? What financial and non-financial elements make people give you money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I'm curious to know what people think is the best bank for investment finance? <It can depend on the project>

What criteria is generally required? < Good character/Business plan /cashflow/security>

Alot of people made alot of money in the last few years in Ireland through A1 investments. I'm just trying to understand the role of the bank manager in facilitating/promoting this.
    < Banks act as a conduit between people who have money to lend and those who want to borrow. For this reason they fulfill a very important function which is often overlooked when we have the annual "lets piss in on top of the banks profits" orgy.

THe other important aspect of banking is that it faciliates the concept of gearing.

For example: you have 100 and u need 900 more to buy a place for 1000

Ignore interest for the moment.
    Suppose in year 10 u sell for 2000 so you have 1100 after repaying the bank.
    not a bad return on your original 100. You could not have done it without the bank loan of 900 which geared u up 9 times. The bank does not generally share in the capital appreciation:)

Have you made alot of money (through property, in particular) that was only possible by a generous bank manager.<generally yes>

Are personal relationships important? < very much so for big ticket stuff>

What financial <Business plan /cashflow/security>
    and non-financial elements < Good character/security/a gun> make people give you money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Riviera

Do Irish banks finance (property) projects abroad? e.g. Mainland Europe. Are foreign-based assets ok to use? Are there any other criteria involved that differs from criteria for Irish investments?

Also, how would you rate banks re: being very conservative/liberal?? Are there any banks I should know about that have unbelievably strict/not-so-strict criteria??
    What markets do each bank go for re: investors??to sum up: what are the bank's culture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Do Irish banks finance (property) projects abroad? e.g. Mainland Europe.
    <yes indeed they do>

Are foreign-based assets ok to use? < it depends on the project, for example if u have a shopping centre with gilt edged tenants in a good area with good rental income then maybe it will stand alone>

Are there any other criteria involved that differs from criteria for Irish investments? < yes the main one being the legal and corporate set up>

Also, how would you rate banks re: being very conservative/liberal??
    < too subjective a question>

Are there any banks I should know about that have unbelievably strict/not-so-strict criteria??< too subjective a question> < some banks are now getting eco friendly and wont lend to arms manufacturers etc>

What markets do each bank go for re: investors??to sum up: what are the bank's culture? < dont undersatnd the question>

My question, when is the project/essay/thesis due?

Advertisement