Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plug Cutters

Options
  • 26-08-2006 8:09am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

HI,

am finishing off an extension and am about to start skirting boards etc.
    and want to screw the boards onto the walls & to cover the screw up.

Not a fan of hilti nails or "no more nails" etc and don't want to use wood filler.

so,
    plug cutters - whats the difference in the two types available.
    Some sets have a plug cutter & a chamfered cutter ?? -whats the difference.

instead of a set of cheap ones - what size single cutter & counter-bore will I get - and a good make so I will always have them.

thx

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I bought a set of plug cutters a few years ago in I think Mcquillans, I can't remember if they were expensive or of a good brand name,I still have them though.They came in 3 sizes, I think the biggest fitted a 10 or 12 mil hole. The trick with them is to cut at a lowish speed, other wise the sides get jaggidy and then pop them out with a screw driver.I also have a chamfered set, one with drill pieces that cuts a recess and a guide hole and one that just cuts a recess. Both do the job. I think they can be found at most good tool suppliers.

Advertisement