Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the Clonmel Man (giant carving in Commeragh foothills)?

Options
  • 25-08-2006 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Clonmelman.jpg

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

It's an image of a hurler and is a project by South Tipperary Arts Centre. It is lit up at night by solar lights - I think it is a temporary thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Doh! A hurler, why did'nt I spot that!?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Yeah, they call it the hurler ok. Nice piece of work in my opinion. I think its just a canvas type thing spread out over the hill, and as said above is lite up by night.

And yes, it is indeed only temporary.

By the way... nice photo whoever took it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I did! Pity it was a bit hazy.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

So it's not the Pink Panther holding a cup of tea then? :D

It's impossible to make out at night time. All you can see is a bunch of lights with no great shape to them.
    Pity, it'd be nice to see it "properly" in the dark....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

It's gone now is it not? They took it away yesterday or the day before i think, cos I was coming down the hill by Guidant yesterday morning and i remember going, "oh he's gone"

Advertisement