Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unable to remove Spyware

Options
  • 25-08-2006 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

I've noticed my laptop is not running on full steam the last week or so. So I ran botha virus scan and spyware scan. Didn't find anything but when I look ar the control panel screen I have to programmes on the list which I can' remove. One is BDE Admin and the other is Software explorer. Any Idea how to remove them fully???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

Software Explorer is Windows Defender? (i think)
    BDE Admin is some SQL software?

you might not have anything malicious on your computer.
    maybe you just need to disable some services or uninstall software you don't really need running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

First off, never take one spyware app as concrete!! Run Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Spybot Destoryer! If neither of these find anything then its either a virus or just to many processes running at once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A bit of info OP, what anti-spyware and anti-virus software have you tried? Are you running Windows XP, have you got SP2 installed? What about a firewall?
    Software Explorer is part of Windows Defender, so its not spyware and BDE admin looks like SQL software. If you are worried, run hijack this and post the log up here and one of us will go through it for you.

Advertisement