Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Arfa Signing

Options
  • 24-08-2006 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Looks like we have a left winger.

First Name: Hatem
    Surname: Ben Arfa
    Position: Midfielder (Left) / Attacking Midfielder (Left) / Forward
    Height: 178cm (5 ft 10")
    Nationality: French & Tunisian
    just annouced by lequipe

Jean-Michel Aulas confirmed Thursday evening that two players of its medium of provided ground were probably going to leave the club: Hatem Ben Arfa, under contract with Lyon for one year, would be very close to signing for Tottenham, while Benoît Pedretti should be lent to the AJ Auxerre. “I saw the leaders of Tottenham who “make the sustained pressure” to engage Hatem. Is needed that we discusses it this evening (Thursday)”, explained the president of the OL on Internet site of the club.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Saw that on FTL, but the story was that we were spending £8m on whoever was coming in. Would he cost that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i very much doubt he is going to cost 8mil, he has only a few appearances for his club and only one year left on his contract. 2-3mil

from what i have read, he is very attacking, and him and lennon would be a mighty combination if not a bit risky!

Baptista is probably the one they are talking about on FTL, there were reports on him today that said 18m euros. seems steep but probably worth it.

Yeah, thats a name thats doing the rounds as well.

Madrid Spur on FTL seems to think the Petrov deal is very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

lets sign downing as well, just to make sure that left wing is now our strongest position on the pitch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Ben Arfa is class on Football Manager :D. Wasn't he the youngest scorer in the French Ligue1 or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

The mystery signing is now supposed to be Mido and not Ben Arfa. Think its a good signing but would love to see Ben Arfa at the lane too. Another Lennon in the making. Supposedly we are also trying to swap Murphy for Malbranque .. would love that to come off.

Playboy wrote:
    The mystery signing is now supposed to be Mido and not Ben Arfa. Think its a good signing but would love to see Ben Arfa at the lane too. Another Lennon in the making. Supposedly we are also trying to swap Murphy for Malbranque .. would love that to come off.

Someone's been reading the Treeman's posts...;)

Met the man himself on Tuesday evening in the Brickies before the game, terribly nice bloke. I'd visions of a real anorak, nothing like that at all...:D

Not mad about Mido signing (if true), can't see him being happy as 4th choice, reckon his performances will suffer if he's in a strop. Much better off with Lee Barnard as striker #4, at least he's got something to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Not mad about Mido signing (if true), can't see him being happy as 4th choice, reckon his performances will suffer if he's in a strop. Much better off with Lee Barnard as striker #4, at least he's got something to prove.

While I see where you're coming from I don't think Jol would take him on if he didn't know what he was doing and, although Berbatov is already showing himself a much more composed footballer, Mido made a great contribution last year all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

id rather have another big man up front meself.

think bernard has to be given the mod though, hes playing some great football at the moment and seems to be able to score from anywhere

• Advertisement

Someone's been reading the Treeman's posts...;)

Met the man himself on Tuesday evening in the Brickies before the game, terribly nice bloke. I'd visions of a real anorak, nothing like that at all...:D

Yes I'm guilty :p Im addicted to the whole itk rollercoaster that is ftl and coys :p Thats cool that you met treeman .. would love sometime to meet the person responsible for so much excitement in so many spurs supporters lives!

Playboy wrote:
    Thats cool that you met treeman .. would love sometime to meet the person responsible for so much excitement in so many spurs supporters lives!

Trip over this year mate, you'll meet most of the FTL crew in the Brickies. Big meet up today in memory of Paxman who passed away a couple of weeks ago.

:(

Trip over this year mate, you'll meet most of the FTL crew in the Brickies. Big meet up today in memory of Paxman who passed away a couple of weeks ago.

:(

I'll be moving to east london in September for the year so I'll defo pop up sooner rather than later. :) Heard about Paxman .. very sad :(

Advertisement