Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leather seat repair

Options
  • 24-08-2006 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

The driver's seat in the car has a small rip that I'd like to get fixed.

Two options as far as I can see:
    a) Bring it to someone to repair it. Can anyone recommend any place that they have actually used for this kind of job?
    or
    b) Buy a leather repair kit.. again, can anyone recommend one they've used? There seem to be plenty on the market (esp in the US) and they look good, but I'm a bit sceptical.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

http://www.leatherique.com/

George is very helpful, I did a restore on my old BMW drivers seat bolster and it came out top, George had my 'before and after' pics on his home page for a bit!

The leatherique stuff is expensive but they will help you as much as possible (send them a pic of what you need to repair), I think there may be a repair bit on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

Gatster wrote:
    http://www.leatherique.com/

George is very helpful, I did a restore on my old BMW drivers seat bolster and it came out top, George had my 'before and after' pics on his home page for a bit!

The leatherique stuff is expensive but they will help you as much as possible (send them a pic of what you need to repair), I think there may be a repair bit on the site.
    Where are they located??

Check the link, somewhere in the US, can't remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

Gatster wrote:
    Check the link, somewhere in the US, can't remember
    Wow - thanks for the tip. I'll drop my car into them tomorrow. You know this is an Irish forum, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Wow - thanks for the tip. I'll drop my car into them tomorrow. You know this is an Irish forum, yeah?

Think about it for a minute, it's not hard to figure out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Gatster: thanks for that. Looks very good. Definitely worth considering.

Day-wanna-wonga: you really should read my original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

JHMEG wrote:
    Gatster: thanks for that. Looks very good. Definitely worth considering.

Day-wanna-wonga: you really should read my original post.

Another option is a guy called Gerry Killeen in Kilcroney Lane, just past Bray on the N11. I haven't used him for upholstery, but he did fit a hood on an old Mercedes convertible for me and his work was of a very high standard and reasonably priced. I have his number if you want to give him a shout.

You do know it's called the WORLD wide web for a reason? I couldn't care less if you can't drop your car in, if you're that lazy/cack handed you won't read the OP's post properly/try something yourself don't bother posting.

Advertisement