Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz 150 2nite?

Options
  • 24-08-2006 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭

just wondering what sort of numbers this gets usually as ive never played it.
    also starting stack and clock?
    any other decent ones 2nite anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

think its a 4.5k starting stack, 20 min clock before break and a 30 min after. though i am not 100%

not sure if i should go to this or slog it out in the se, numbers were 50/60 a few months ago when it started, aint played it since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

No Sikes its a 5k starting stack.

20 minute levels for the first 4 levels and then 25 minutes thereafter. ~28 runners last week. I personally am not impressed by the setup but each to their own.

might give it a miss then,

where do you recommend tonight? has the se dc changed at all? added the 150/300 level or increased starting stacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

SE, if I can recall correctly, is a 2k/2k DC with the 150/300 level included, 20 minute blinds. A bit of a crapshoot but less so than the Fitz's equivilant €50 DC and indeed many tournies out there. Fun, too.

sikes wrote:
    might give it a miss then,

where do you recommend tonight? has the se dc changed at all? added the 150/300 level or increased starting stacks?

That's the problem Sikes. :rolleyes:

The menu is not good tonight. The SE is probably the least worst live tournie option tonight. Silks probably won't have the numbers to make playing a rebuy worthwhile and the Jackpot game is a €20 FO :eek:

The SE game is 2k plus a 2k stack. I believe it has all the levels for 20 minutes each. You still need to catch a double up in the first 90 minutes or so to have a chance and it'll still get tight at the 2-3 table stage but there are plenty of poor players still so if you are in the mood (or have gotten night of permission and can't bear to waste it) then its probably the best option.

Personally I'm going for a game of squash :eek: :eek: :eek: Now thats saying something!!!! :p

Btw Sikes I'm having trouble putting a face to your name do I know you?

• Advertisement

think i have been referred to as the sleepy looking fella.

was the guy who told you about the flush on the board when you looked over at our table last night (table 3). will introduce myself to ya when i see ya next. been on ur table a few times in the fitz and se.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

GJP has a €70+€10 Freezeout. 5k start stack and 1k extra for pre 9pm reg. 20 min blinds plus good NL cash action for the early exits. It is now at The Star & Crescent in the VIP room upstairs. Almost like a club, no music, no random pissheads etc.

sikes wrote:

was the guy who told you about the flush on the board when you looked over at our table last night (table 3). will introduce myself to ya when i see ya next. been on ur table a few times in the fitz and se.

LOL :) Have you now!

I know we chatted before but I'd forgotten your username :o

GL tonight wherever you end up!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mike,How long is this on in the Star & Crescent...?Is it a permanent move...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

SE Double Chance is a good game once you accumulate a few chips early. Standard is pretty poor. Worth a visit. Around 80-100 runners, so nice prize pool as well. Was gonna give it a miss, but decided to play some live poker b4 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Dub13 wrote:
    Mike,How long is this on in the Star & Crescent...?Is it a permanent move...?

Permanent move. Much better venue. Check out the website we are now running tournaments there Monday - Thursday with at least one cash table running 1/2 NL. On a Thursday there is 2/5 and 1/2.

ianmc38 wrote:
    SE Double Chance is a good game once you accumulate a few chips early. Standard is pretty poor. Worth a visit. Around 80-100 runners, so nice prize pool as well. Was gonna give it a miss, but decided to play some live poker b4 tomorrow.

oooooh things just got interesting........images.jpg

80-100 runners, thats wopper. will be there so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

ollyk1 wrote:
    No Sikes its a 5k starting stack.

20 minute levels for the first 4 levels and then 25 minutes thereafter. ~28 runners last week. I personally am not impressed by the setup but each to their own.

What happened to this tournament? The very first one was the only one I played in, but it seemed to be a great game. What happened to the 30 minute levels, for a start?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

sikes wrote:

I was going to say hello when i was counting my chips at the break but you were sleep walking so i didnt want to wake you up:D

Dont let his sleepy demeanour fool you olly. He doenst miss a trick!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

I was going to say hello when i was counting my chips at the break but you were sleep walking so i didnt want to wake you up:D

LMFAO!!

cheers rounders, i need a snooze now and again, i would acknowlegde you if i could put a face to ya. but alas, my memory aint great

went to the se tonight, left shortly after, played 4 hands a7, a7, ak and 45.
    1)checked down a 3 way pot with ak cos i am a moron
    2)ran into a set that i couldnt get away from cos i bet the pot like a tard with top pair.
    3)finally got it all in with a7 vs 88.

Managed to once again luckbox my way to the FT with no quality starting hands (after the initial rush in the first ten minutes when I gave a display in how to play TT and KK in the SE - all-in push and get called of course!! :p ) when the curse of good cards struck and I reraised all-in with KhKd and of course he called with AhAd.

I ironically note aloud how I don't even have a flush draw that is until the pokah gods teased me with four spades on the board. Now I have a chance of a split pot but no........... a feckin 3h on the river. :rolleyes:

I gave Ionapaul some tips on getting the chips in behind after he'd generously given me 90% of his stack ;) but after tripling and doubling and redoubling up he got struck down by the same curse when he too deviated from the true path of enlightenment and ran QQ into KK. Bloody good cards are a pain!

Still 70 net profit is better then a loss I guess but I'm due a win in the SE and it better be on Tuesday :D You have been warned. :p

What happened to this tournament? The very first one was the only one I played in, but it seemed to be a great game. What happened to the 30 minute levels, for a start?

You raise a very good point sir and it is something upon which I will be making my views known to the management by not patronising this particular tournament for the forseeable future.

I really felt like asking for my money back last week! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Well my fun night consisted of 2 real hands. I started aggressively, then lost with JJ. I then ran AK into KK.

So back up to 4k or so and tehre are a billion limpers with blinds 150/300. I have AK on the SB and push. A boards lurker then thinks I'm at it and says he's going to gamble. He calls with A7s and hits a straight. Yay.

Very next hand I get TT on the button. 2 limpers, 1 raise, I push. He calls with guess what. yes thats right A7s. A on the flop. Yay.

had a more successful venture to the cash table, hitting KK and AA in my first three hands, though didnt get a full payout. Ended up 300 after 3 hours.

Cash table was a painful sight though. Mr eagle was donking it up like an uberfish and went on total tilt, spewing about 9 buyins before I left. Another absolute donk who thought bottom pair was the nuts left with a tank of 1400 or so. Poor me didnt get any of it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I had an interesting one last night, more because it was educational than entertaining. I had a crazy starting table, with some strong players (Eddie amoung others) and a few maniacs. In particular, Hector was in seat 1 and was limping with everything and calling pre-flop raises with anything (this strategy, that many maniacs employ, seems to be: if my K7 / 85 / 42 hits, no-one will expect it! I will make de money!), and he was the god of dogging people last night. Some poor smucks AA vs his KQs, all the chips in pre-flop, A on the flop, runner runner straight for Hector. A few doggings later he limps on my BB. SB completes, I had KQo. Normally a raise, but as Hector would call anyway and if I missed I'd be left with K-high, I simply checked. Flop came down K-rag-rag rainbow. B-I-N-G-O was his name-o. SB checked, I check, Hector raises the pot, SB folds, I push, Hector insta-calls with KT and the dogging continues, as he hits his ten on the river. Down to the felt with 1.5k. I'm on tilt - uh-oh, normally have this under control. Next hand I get sick of the continuous limping and throw it in their on my SB with A9o. No callers surprisingly (blinds are only 25/50 but people have been calling all raises). Two hands later I get QQ and open push (still on tilt). Eddie can see I'm tilting and calls with AJd, doubles me up. Man I hated that table. Eddie then went on tilt and was gone 3 minutes later. Table broken up and moved to saner table.
    Of course 90 minutes later after playing some good poker for a change I make a mistake with AK vs Vera and proceeded to improve my frame of mind by donating all my chips to Olly, whose top two pair was only marginally ahead of my top pair, ****e kicker! Down to 400 chips (blinds 200/400), I magic my way back to 6.5k in 30 minutes of shortstack madness. Then find QQ UTG and run it into KK.
    Didn't think it was so easy to tilt me but there you go. Good few decent players there last night, many of whom were gone by the break.

Advertisement