Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect day surfing strandhill

Options
  • 23-08-2006 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Hello surfers.

Anyone familar with this outfit in Strandhill? A gang of us canoe paddlers from Dublin have been making our way to learn to surf with these guys for years now. Was down there recently and it seems they are basically being bullied out of the town?!

Some publican with a bit of clout took over the shop (which he owned anyway) and leaned on various people, got the school kicked out of two other locations!

These guys are reall surfers, teaching surfers for the love of the sport and to make a living. The publican has now set up a rival school and I dont think its for the love of the sport.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I use both of the schools down there whenever I'm bringing friends for lessons. Usually one is full and the other can accomodate me so there seems to be a need for both schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

yeah, but Perfect Day is closing down dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

That is a shame. Any more information on the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

No more I am afraid, all I know is what I said above.

I think its more a power and control thing than a money thing. You know the way some people want to own everything in a small town.

As you correctly pointed out there is enough work for two schools, but the big guy just doesnt want the other guy there. Its certainly not a love for the sport.

My brothers booked a lesson with the new school by mistake recently (they just went in to the shop not knowing there was new owners) They went out on the water with 15 other complete begginers and two instructors. Things did not go well.

Advertisement