Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any Ranger/Venturer groups city centre???

Options
  • 23-08-2006 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi Guys just stumbled across this forum.

Wondering if there are any groups out there looking for leaders (just an extra one to help out mind) for the comming year. I live in the city centre (Dublin) and wouldn't mind getting back involved in guiding or even scouting?

I'm 25 and was in IGG for years - have experience as a guide leader and senior branch leader - so maybe the Scouts wouldn't have me;)! as far as i am aware the nearest Ranger group to me is probally Sanford if they are still active??

Looking for something relativley city centre and in the older age bracket...

Cheers!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I know that Harcourt Guides in Rathmines were looking for a leader. Would that be close enough to the city centre for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cramming

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me on that... is that CGI or IGG?

Its not as close as i woudl like but i would definitely consider it. I live northside in the city centre though so its only about a half hour away...

Any chance there are any active senior branch units in or about that Area?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that particular district. Have you thought about getting in contact with head office?

Harcourt is IGG. :)

I'll have a root around for a copy of The Welly and see if that has any contact details in it for your particular area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cramming

Hi thanks for that....

I suppose unless thinks have changed singificantly in the last few years Rathmines or possible Sandford (if they even still have an active Senior Branch Unit ???) is closest....

Do you happen to know anything about CGI....?

I suppose i can just give them a call:)

I must give some of the senior branch heads a shout soon about it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tumeltyni

We're CGI, and looking for leaders! It's Templeogue, only three miles from the city centre. Check out our website, www.spanglefish.com/templeogueguides

• Advertisement
Advertisement