Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what kind of rock musician are you?

Options
  • 22-08-2006 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

My result was:
    Singer
    Type A: classic
    Can you sing? Doesn't matter. You’ve got IT, that undefinable quality
    (that some might unkindly call ego) that makes the classic rock'n'roll
    singer. You thrive on drama and emotional fireworks - your band might
    whinge about your strutting and your tantrums, but really they're just
    jealous of all the attention you get.

Try it here:
    http://quiz.stoatmusic.com

hmmmnn... pretty accurate!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

lol......

Weird instrument player
    e.g. saw, flugelhorn, accordian or something home-made

You're an oddball, and you don't give a ****. With only a very few close friends but lots of acquaintances, you tend to flit from one band to another. People are fascinated by you without ever understanding you, but you're self-reliant enough that it doesn't bother you in the slightest. Spectacularly successful with the opposite sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I don't wanna say mine.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I don't play guitar, but the rest is accurate enough :)
    :
    Guitar
    Type A: guitar hero

A bit of a showoff aren't you? On the plus side, you're the kind of person who's not afraid to put in the real hard work required to produce something that will amaze people. You tend towards flamboyance, and sometimes feel under-appreciated which can make you a little bitchy and hard to get along with. Like some sort of exotic tropical plant you need very specific conditions to flourish, but when these conditions are met you're a wonder to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Well I used to play guitar, so maybe... :D
    Guitar

A bit of a showoff aren't you? On the plus side, you're the kind of person who's not afraid to put in the real hard work required to produce something that will amaze people. You tend towards flamboyance, and sometimes feel under-appreciated which can make you a little bitchy and hard to get along with. Like some sort of exotic tropical plant you need very specific conditions to flourish, but when these conditions are met you're a wonder to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I got that guitar hero one. Definitely wrong for me even if I do play guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Keyboards/organ

Near the bottom of the rock food chain, and also the most sensitve of rock musicians, keyboard/organ players in rock bands can get a hard time from unkind band members. You, however, are too kind to be unkind in return. You're good, honest, loyal and easy to get along with. Your own artistic vision often takes second place to your desire to avoid a fight.

Quite untrue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Drummer

You don't want to fúck around, you just want to BEAT THINGS. Very very hard. Your inarticulate exterior conceals an inner core of neanderthal rage. Some drummer sub-types demonstrate an appreciation of such things as fluffy clouds and cute puppies - if you don't, you better find yourself a band soon before you land yourself in jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Drummer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Guitar
    Type B: classic

You're not afraid of hard work and you have a sense of adventure. Sometimes you think you'd like to be a singer, but you're reluctant to allow anyone else take over your role. No-one, you believe, could do as good a job. You’re probably right. You have a highly-strung side which means you're subject to occasional freakouts, but you mostly keep it under control, and by and large you're pretty down-to-earth. You have a big nose.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 psycho_Bateman

Guitar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

"Rock musician: bassplayer"
    There's something mystical about a true natural bassplayer. No one can say quite what you bring to the party, only that it would be a pretty lousy party without it. Likely to be the most unobtrusive member of the band - not shy, but lacking the lust for attention that characterises many of the others. You lead without seeming too, and you’re probably the only member of the band who comes close to understanding the drummer.

And i dont even own a bass guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

bassist

"There's something mystical about a true natural bassplayer. No one can say quite what you bring to the party, only that it would be a pretty lousy party without it. Likely to be the most unobtrusive member of the band - not shy, but lacking the lust for attention that characterises many of the others. You lead without seeming too, and you’re probably the only member of the band who comes close to understanding the drummer."

But but.... i dont even play bass:(

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

Weird instrument player
    e.g. saw, flugelhorn, accordian or something home-made

You're an oddball, and you don't give a ****. With only a very few close friends but lots of acquaintances, you tend to flit from one band to another. People are fascinated by you without ever understanding you, but you're self-reliant enough that it doesn't bother you in the slightest. Spectacularly successful with the opposite sex.

Stoat, they are quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Drummer

You don't want to **** around, you just want to BEAT THINGS. Very very hard. Your inarticulate exterior conceals an inner core of neanderthal rage. Some drummer sub-types demonstrate an appreciation of such things as fluffy clouds and cute puppies - if you don't, you better find yourself a band soon before you land yourself in jail.

Thats strangly accurate....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Bassplayer

There's something mystical about a true natural bassplayer. No one can say quite what you bring to the party, only that it would be a pretty lousy party without it. Likely to be the most unobtrusive member of the band - not shy, but lacking the lust for attention that characterises many of the others. You lead without seeming too, and you’re probably the only member of the band who comes close to understanding the drummer.

I always wanted to play the bass. Especially the double bass...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Singer
    Type B: shy

Your hair is down over your eyes, your sleeves are covering your hands, you favour dark colours ... but it's not that you're really an introvert, this is just your reaction to the fact that the world is a bleak and cruel place. Despite a tendency towards sarcasm and even abrasiveness, you're really a senstive and caring person, and your drive to sing comes from a genuine need to reach out to people.

The only bit they got right is i like to sing/growl and that im caring! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Messer

You play a variety of instruments poorly. One note bass, two chord guitar, maracas ... not fond of any kind of work, such as learning to play your instrument or even practising with the band, you make up for this with an ability to get along with just about anyone. Often the life and soul of the band, you're never bitchy and often turn out the be the peacemaker. By some strange universal law, you're the most likely of rock musicians to hit the Big Time. Yours is, without doubt, the most sensible approach to rock'n'roll.

sounds right.. ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭last_orders

im a messer also, im a bassist but i like to think im better than a one note'er but the rest of the description is spot on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I got drummer, even though I actually play bass and keyboards in a band. You lied to me test, you lied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Messer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I got bass player. Sounds about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I am a.... Weird Instrument Player.
    ....right....
    I guess I'm not really a rock musician; I'm more of a vocalist/actress in all honesty... haha. Fun quiz though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭icklekinkykat

Bass Player -Actually very accurate.

Advertisement