Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos going where tonight Tue 22nd-Aug

Options
  • 22-08-2006 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the best tounrie on a tuesday night is? i dont think ive ever played on a tuesday anywhere.

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Washout wrote:
    Just wondering what the best tounrie on a tuesday night is? i dont think ive ever played on a tuesday anywhere.

J

Jackpot €100+10 double chance. Kick-off 8.15pm approx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

fitz 50+5 dc or jackpot 100+10 dc.

I dunno what numbers the jackpot is geting but if its ~40 I'd lean towards going there.

ollyk1 wrote:
    fitz 50+5 dc or jackpot 100+10 dc.

I dunno what numbers the jackpot is geting but if its ~40 I'd lean towards going there.

Jackpot was full to the brim last week. 65ish runners. GG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

63 last week and finished at 4.30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Is there not a ept sat in the SE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Is there not a ept sat in the SE?

hmmm good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

no thats next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

No EPT sat is next week. Tonight is a €10 rebuy tournament for a ticket to the satellite.

how many tickets they normally give out ian? and whats the turn out....play like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Usually 3 tables, 7 tickets and attrocious standard. expect lots of early gambling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

I would rather poke my eyes out with a stick than have to sit through the SE tourney tonight. Avoid at all costs.

Some will say it's a cheap way to get a ticket for next week, but I'd rather pay 150 than play this.

The jackpot tourney sounds great, and if I didn't have work tomorrow I would definetly go there.

HalfBaked wrote:
    I would rather poke my eyes out with a stick than have to sit through the SE tourney tonight. Avoid at all costs.

Some will say it's a cheap way to get a ticket for next week, but I'd rather pay 150 than play this.

The jackpot tourney sounds great, and if I didn't have work tomorrow I would definetly go there.

Jackpot for me! The dead money is in get in there!

ended up falling asleep on the couch and not waking up till ten

ollyk1 wrote:
    Jackpot for me! The dead money is in get in there!

The Nuts smashed em! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

nice 1 ken i knew you would put my chips to good use:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

how many runners did this get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

40 or 50 I think. I came late so not sure.

Ollyk1 got Bobbed.. QQQ vs Bobs runner runner flush (and pair of 9's). I thought Bob played it well. I have no idea what Olly was doing fishing around with 3 queens;)

Had a great table for a while, Bob, Dave Masters, Vinny, Phil, Alan Gibbons and Sammy were all at it. Made for some great poker pre-flop.

I was done by Alan Gibbons and Dave Masters in same hand. Action went bet 500 (blinds 100-200) 3 or 4 called 500 so i limped in the cutoff to see a flop with TT. Action was too loose to push pre-flop (which probably would have worked out ok). Flop had 2 spades 8 high. checked to Alan Gibbons who pushed for 7k:eek: The pot was only 2000 or so. Anyway, I called and so did Dave... monster pot with blinds so small! J8s for Dave, A9s for Alan so a few cards to avoid. Dave took the lead on the turn with a 3rd 8 and Alan scooped us both with a spade on the river...

I was knocked down to 300 but built it up to 6k by some fluke with KJ all 3 times. Survived for about 3 hrs on 6k until I lost a 50-50

Dave (BigD), KP and a few other boardsters were left in with 20 or so to go. Any wins?

kpnuts wrote:
    The Nuts smashed em! ;)

WP Ken. A tasty little result for you I'd say!

:p That will learn me to forget Bob is in the hand at my peril!

I slowplayed QQ becuase I had a very good read on the other player in the hand that he had JJ or TT and I was hoping to double through him on a low flop. First part of the plan went well and when he bet pot on the 9 high flop for some reason I deicded to flat call instead of pushing for 3k more. Of course Bob is never going away with top pair king kicker so he calls too.

Turn brought a Q and three spades and I'm committed now as I feel no one has the flush yet so I stick all the chips in and in fairness to Bob he probably thought he had a 9 or King as well as a flush going for him so he instantly called. My intended victim folded JsJc face up!

River As.

As an aside even if I'd have done the right thing and pushed the flop Bob may have folded :eek: but the jacks probably calls and I lose to the runner runner anyway.

Edit: Very close to 50 runners last night btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

ollyk1 wrote:
    :p That will learn me to forget Bob is in the hand at my peril!
    lol was only messing! i thought u played the hand very well and got horribly unlucky. I don't think it was a great call at all by Bob and you were in a great spot to nearly triple through. ul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

the most annoyed and frustrated ive ever been after a game of poker was also the only time ive played with that bob guy, when i ran into him twice in level 1 in drogheda..........

well done to kp for smashing them !

sounded like a good game.

• Advertisement

ocallagh wrote:
    lol was only messing! i thought u played the hand very well and got horribly unlucky. I don't think it was a great call at all by Bob and you were in a great spot to nearly triple through. ul
    if this is the Bob from Fitz(old man wares glasses) then you must have been mad to slow play anything.if i flopped 4 of a kind i would psuh against him expecting to get called with a wide range of hands (use your imagination) often enough .
    bytheway if he raises very big pre flop his got AA,KK,QQ,AK not less than that.

Gholimoli wrote:
    if this is the Bob from Fitz(old man wares glasses) then you must have been mad to slow play anything.if i flopped 4 of a kind i would psuh against him expecting to get called with a wide range of hands (use your imagination) often enough .
    bytheway if he raises very big pre flop his got AA,KK,QQ,AK not less than that.

Gholi you crack me up. Do you think this is the first time i've played with Bob or something??:p LOL I appreciate the advice but I've been doubling through Bob for years!! :rolleyes:

Bob wasn't the issue in the hand. I know I have him beat and if he wants to make a bad call and suckout thats fine by me I'll take my chances and his money in the long run. There was another player in the hand with what I strongly felt was JJ on a 9 high board ( his preflop rasie gave the game away) and I wanted to double through him but I think I let him off the hook by not pushing on the 9 high flop.

When Bob calls on the flop as well his hand is fairly transparent and its all going in on the turn unless a jack hits but I let the other player off the hook with all the scare cards that could fall on the turn.

Even if I take the better line I still go broke based on results but I think I played the hand pretty well preflop (and I'm happy to hear ocallagh agrees) but I think it was a mistake not to push on the flop to get all the other guys money in there. Bob is irrelevant to the story except insofar he stuck around to suckout on me but thats results based thinking.

It was a semi interesting hand and a great situation and one I've managed to identify once before but the flop didn't come so good that time and I had to fold to the third person in the hand who spiked an ace.

I chopped it with Sammy. I was a bit of a c**t, tbh.
    He had 302k to my 82k when we went HU and I told him, Tony G style (or lack thereof!) that I was going to destroy him LOL. He offered a deal, saying I could have a grand (€1,950 for 1st, €900 for 2nd) and he would take €1,800 with €50 for dealers. I said 50-50 or no deal. Soon he had 219k to my 165k. He asked if the 50-50 was still available. We chopped it down the middle :)

ollyk1 wrote:
    Gholi you crack me up. Do you think this is the first time i've played with Bob or something??:p LOL I appreciate the advice but I've been doubling through Bob for years!! :rolleyes:

Bob wasn't the issue in the hand. I know I have him beat and if he wants to make a bad call and suckout thats fine by me I'll take my chances and his money in the long run. There was another player in the hand with what I strongly felt was JJ on a 9 high board ( his preflop rasie gave the game away) and I wanted to double through him but I think I let him off the hook by not pushing on the 9 high flop.

When Bob calls on the flop as well his hand is fairly transparent and its all going in on the turn unless a jack hits but I let the other player off the hook with all the scare cards that could fall on the turn.

Even if I take the better line I still go broke based on results but I think I played the hand pretty well preflop (and I'm happy to hear ocallagh agrees) but I think it was a mistake not to push on the flop to get all the other guys money in there. Bob is irrelevant to the story except insofar he stuck around to suckout on me but thats results based thinking.

It was a semi interesting hand and a great situation and one I've managed to identify once before but the flop didn't come so good that time and I had to fold to the third person in the hand who spiked an ace.
    Ollie,
    i wasnt giving advice here at all.
    i wasnt commenting on how the hand was played or should have been played either.
    what i was getting at was if this is indeed the same Bob(which i now know it is) i would push my big hands against him becuase he is in love with the word "Call" .
    this was not an strategy thread and i wasnt trying to make it one i was merely commenting on how i love Bob and what type of player he is.

kpnuts wrote:
    I chopped it with Sammy. I was a bit of a c**t, tbh.
    He had 302k to my 82k when we went HU and I told him, Tony G style (or lack thereof!) that I was going to destroy him LOL. He offered a deal, saying I could have a grand (€1,950 for 1st, €900 for 2nd) and he would take €1,800 with €50 for dealers. I said 50-50 or no deal. Soon he had 219k to my 165k. He asked if the 50-50 was still available. We chopped it down the middle :)

LMAO

I think you were within your rights to give him loads after he offered you that insulting deal Ken. Doesn't he know who you are??!? :D WP

Gholimoli wrote:
    Ollie,
    i wasnt giving advice here at all.
    i wasnt commenting on how the hand was played or should have been played either.
    what i was getting at was if this is indeed the same Bob(which i now know it is) i would push my big hands against him becuase he is in love with the word "Call" .
    this was not an strategy thread and i wasnt trying to make it one i was merely commenting on how i love Bob and what type of player he is.

Jebus Gholi did I come across as angry? I didn't mean too.

What I was getting at was the hand was kinda interesting becasue the other guy gave his hand away by overraising becasue of the looseness of the table and from having played with him quite a bit I was 70% sure preflop and 90% sure postflop he had JJ and I decided to take advantage of that by playing tricksy (tm). Bob just came along for the ride with his usual sh1te which was fine by me too n this particular set of circumstances.

Bob is a legend and he's serious +ev alright. I always love having him at my table so we're 100% in agreement on that point LOL.

Advertisement