Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

advice needed for Nct on a newly bought used car

Options
  • 22-08-2006 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hello

I have just bought a used car (2000) and now only noticed the NCT is over due since February 06.

The tax is up on the car early next month. I have been told that I cannot get the car taxed unless I have a valid NCT cert.

I am based in Dublin so wondering anyone know how long is the waiting list is, as I should probably book it straight away?? Can you please advise me on what I should do in this situation. Should I get back onto the place where I bought the car??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

No problems taxing the car without an NCT. To get the quickest NCT date, go online or ring at 8am, that's when cancellations and time slots blocked up for retests are released back into the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Renew online, they don't ask for NCT. IIRC they can't do so at the counter either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

Hi

Thanks for your replies. As im the new owner of the car, i cant renew online. need login/pin etc..

I just read in a few places that they wont tax it unless its nct'd...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Your registration papers should be back to you long before then and therefore the renewel should be sent to you along with the pin etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

you still need to wait 12 months before the online PIN is available to you

• Advertisement
Advertisement