Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new killers

Options
  • 22-08-2006 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Ok so i have an agreement with a friend of mine:conditions are if the killers album is a disapointment then he owes me a pint but if it's great i owe him one.
    So judges please....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lcWM0pQdF4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

indie?
    alternative?
    try pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

New song is quite good. Very U2, but still quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

I'm not too pushed at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Rich_Why

I refuse to even listen to it myself. God knows if its anything like the first one then we'll hear it enough on the fooking radio and you'll be enjoying a nice free pint courtesy of your mates **** taste in music. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I would have to think the first one was any good for the next one to be a disappointment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

I like the new song, cant wait for the next album ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭bottlerocket

Rich_Why wrote:
    I refuse to even listen to it myself. God knows if its anything like the first one then we'll hear it enough on the fooking radio and you'll be enjoying a nice free pint courtesy of your mates **** taste in music. :D

Quality. This post should settle the argument. I mean for ****s sake, what is the point of this band apart from satisfying Brandon Flowers enormous ego? Awful awful sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

I liked their last album 'Hot Fuse' but I'm not mad about this song. Then again I've only heard it once and it might be one of those songs that grow on you. Well, we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DMBandit

It's a great song. Wait until you've heard it a few times...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Different strokes for different folks says I.

I also say Brandon Flowers should be thrown in a vat of eyeliner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Doomspell wrote:
    I liked their last album 'Hot Fuse' but I'm not mad about this song. Then again I've only heard it once and it might be one of those songs that grow on you. Well, we'll see.

Personally, I preferred Hot Fuss....

The new tune's only okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 westhammer

The new one is no Somebody Told Me and quite disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Didnt like it much when i first heard it.

Then i heard it in a mates car after a few jars (not the driver obv.), havin a laugh and it just clicked.

Something about it, utterly teenage mabye? Get the shivers sometimes when i hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh, I cant watch the video now. Its been removed. But cos its the Killers, yeah, you should have a nice pint comin your way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RattSalad

Somebody told me you had a girlfriend, who looked like a ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Something that really annoys me is how people can rave about a band, say the killers, and then as soon as they become popular they are labelled generic pop. The Killers ARE very much an indie band and it remains to be seen if they progress to a more pop stance with their new album but how people can suddenly clamour against them before hearing the new album is amazing.

I've noticed this trait in a lot of posters on boards and indeed in some of my friends that they like/love a band and then as soon as they hit the big time they go around telling everyone "I told you so" until the bands sucess becomes "uncool" and then they distance themselves from them, citing them as being "last year". It's music snobbery IMO.

I loved the Killers 1st album, well up to the last few songs anyway and introduced alot of my friends to them. I was delighted to see them make it big but it did worry me as to the effect it would have on their next album. I can't wait to hear it in full and I'll reserve my judgement until then.

PS: I am not implying that any of the above posters fall into the category I've mentioned, it's just something that's been annoying me about the hype of the killers new release and indeed it's a phenomenon not restricted to the killers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

sprinkles wrote:
    I've noticed this trait in a lot of posters on boards and indeed in some of my friends that they like/love a band and then as soon as they hit the big time they go around telling everyone "I told you so" until the bands sucess becomes "uncool" and then they distance themselves from them, citing them as being "last year". It's music snobbery IMO..

Its just the cool police,wouldnt worry to much about their opinions they base them on what is in at the moment or what they are told is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've never thought the Killers were good. I'm the cool gestapo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

padi89 wrote:
    Its just the cool police,wouldnt worry to much about their opinions they base them on what is in at the moment or what they are told is good.
    Or what Tom Dunne says is "hip". Can I be in the cool gang now :)

Advertisement