Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom League soc

Options
  • 21-08-2006 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

Seeing as I will be in UCC pretty soon I'm wondering would anyone here be interested in joining an eircom League society (obviously with UCC being in Cork, emphasis would be on Cork City FC).

Or is there one up and running already?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ShamOCeallaigh

Seeing as I will be in UCC pretty soon I'm wondering would anyone here be interested in joining an eircom League society (obviously with UCC being in Cork, emphasis would be on Cork City FC).

Or is there one up and running already?

There's none up and running yet. Both a Celtic Supporters Soc and a Cork City Supporters Soc tried to set up about 2 years ago but their proposals were rejected. Basically, it seemed like they were suggesting nothing more than meeting up in the Pub and drinking during the week and then watch/headin to the matches at the weekend. Essentially, an activity that didn't require any support or funding from the Societies Guild (governing body of the socs elected by the socs every year).

That said, attitudes in the guild have changed and they might be more open to setting up a society. There has already been talk of a Sports Supporters Club for people who want to know more about UCC teams but nothing formal has been submitted to the Guild.
    Heres a guide to setting up a society in UCC: http://www.ucc.ie/en/SIN/Societies/HowdoIsetupasociety/

Any other questions give us an email at SocietiesFinance@Societies.ucc.ie

Advertisement