Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tonights action

Options
  • 21-08-2006 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

havent played live since i got home.
    just dawned on me ive nothing on tonight, and i havent been in the red cow since they made it a freezeout.
    anyone else thinking of heading down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭rogue trader

Hi, i'm 99% sure that there is no tourny tonight as pokerevents are on a two week break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

oh, nice one thanks, thats what i get for not reading my text messages properly.

So anyone, what else is on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

fitz 100 + 100 1 rebuy or top up see u there rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

pppspecial wrote:
    fitz 100 + 100 1 rebuy or top up see u there rob.
    rebuy? interesting.. is this new or just tonite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

last couple of weeks Niall. You go on a bender to Vegas and things change Man!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Its a funny old game ... Last week I got a stack by dogging everyone... Tonight I played almost perfect poker for the whole game but could not build a sufficient stack due. Got moved from table where I was average stack and felt comfortable to table where I was shortstack straight away. At least I got my chips in ahead (!) 88 vs Q10 ... Q high flop night night :(

Ocallagh, Norwichfanrob (playing well), pppspecial and couple other boardies left .. GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

Just back , nice tourney, 66 runners i think.
    I took out Niall 2 off the bubble when he ran his short stacked K5 into my QQ.
    Oscar hung on well for 9th.
    Good few boardies were there, was a fun game.

Had a good night in my first venture out since vegas and managed to take it down as part of a 3 way equal split for €2,600 each.

Looking forward to getting out again on friday now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Well done Rob ... Its nice hitting top set all the time!! I was in Seat 5 at our initial table and you built a nice stack. Keep the winning run going!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i was to your right then white knight, wp rob

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Looking forward to getting out again on friday now.

Nice one Rob. I can rely on you winning me 10k this weekend now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

fair play Rob - I had a horrible night of cards. I got KK once and I won 1BB with it (there was no SB) and literally nothing else. quadrupled up to probably double the average with A5c (3 tables left). action went min raise UTG+2 to 1200, call call call and I was in BB so called with Ac5c. Flop had 2 clubs T high. I checked, original raiser checked, bet, raise to 4k call 4k.. I went all in for 6800, the original raiser dropped, guy went all in, call call!!! So there was a LOT of money in the pot.. and I rivered my nut flush! So went from 8k to 30k. KQc, JJ and 88 (set on flop) were all out there.

Then I went card dead again. Hovered between 20k and 30k. Nicked a few to keep from short, but when blinds went to 1500-3000 we were all short except for Jimmy (80k) who was betting 10k every second hand (and always on my BB). Rob and myself pushed a bit. Rob got unlucky with AQ (ran into a weirdly played AK). Then his 88 stood up and he took a nice pot with a well timed all-in. I pushed 2 times in a row and won 10k uncontested. First was Q9 from the SB when the button limped. Robbie reluctantly folded KQ:) I think I told a lie that i was ahead..!! Then I got A4 on button and pushed again after Jimmy had limped. I was confident my ace was good as he was raising any ace or king.

Next 2 orbits I had lost 9k in blinds and with 19k left I pushed with K5o in cutoff (tabled was 6 handed). Robbie immediately pushed and I knew i was fcuked. QQ vs K5o..

Frustrating game and I was dying for a hand at that table. Mick (old Mick) was certainly going to pay me off but I just couldn't scrape together any 2 cards worth mentioning.

White Knight - though you played a very good game at our first table.I had 34o in that hand with the 9999 on board. I should bet the flop (992), but I decided to wait for the turn to put in a more convincing bet. I had you on something like AT/77 and had noticed you don't go away too easily from continuation bets when you sense something is up.. I didn't want to get pushed off my hand with a re-raise or a call on the flop, so waited for the turn which was another 9. Not a great card for me to represent. And when the river bought a 4th 9 it was certainly gonna be tough to represent any of the board!! I considered making it 5k on the river but you have an ace way too often to do that. Apart from that hand I only made one other mistake with 22 I think.

Advertisement