Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving home advice please

Options
  • 21-08-2006 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭

my mother and father are planing on selling up the home in crumlin value or approx 380 ish k,
    to go to west meath mullangar area or offlay. tullamore area havnt decided yet
    so basicly id like to know some do and donts .etc
    they plan to move in to the friends vacant home and rent there house for a few months while the house they want to build gets under way.get a little bit of extra cash in with 6 months rental..
    i hear its worth it to build bigger than you require. for resale reasons etc.
    so as i say im fishing for some solid info or even a number of sombody who can guide us down the right path
    cheers lads. dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

dave101 wrote:
    my mother and father are planing on selling up the home in crumlin value or approx 380 ish k,
    to go to west meath mullangar area or offlay. tullamore area havnt decided yet
    so basicly id like to know some do and donts .etc
    they plan to move in to the friends vacant home and rent there house for a few months while the house they want to build gets under way.get a little bit of extra cash in with 6 months rental..
    i hear its worth it to build bigger than you require. for resale reasons etc.
    so as i say im fishing for some solid info or even a number of sombody who can guide us down the right path
    cheers lads. dave

How much rent do they believe they will earn, and will it be worth the tenancy?. For example, should a tenant (and getting a tenant for only 6 months can be a problem) thrash the place, it will probably cost them more to fix the place for sale, rather than sell it up.

If you have someone who will rent for this period, well and good, otherwise, be very careful with that.

Advertisement