Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Construction Methods

Options
  • 21-08-2006 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

My husband and I will be building our house this year and we're trying to decide which building method to go for.

We've done tons of research on the energy benefits/costs/labour time/etc. for cavity wall building, ICF, SIP, and timber framing.

I'm wondering if anyone has used the ICF system and what has their experience been? What were their reasons for deciding on ICF, and would they do it again?

Please note: I've done lots of research on the benefits & disadvantages of each system, so I'm not looking for a debate on which method is the best. I'm only looking for folks who've had specific experience with using ICF. Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Have you considered porton blocks? Very easy to build. Very quick too. Also has very good heat insulation.

For quick construction I've heard some good reports on pre fab stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ask in the green forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=109

after you do some research in there first

Advertisement